cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FICO update time frame? Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex FICO update time frame? Please Help!

So I am a current AMEX customer and wanted to apply for another card with them (Delta Platinum.)  Experian is listing my new CS (as of about a week ago) to be about 40 points higher than the one from 2/10/18 still listed on the "View My FICO" on the Amex site.  I called customer service (twice) beause I wanted to see when I could expect my score to update on the website.  Both said it would be every 30 days.  I said great - 30 days would have been yesterday.  She said that they typically get the new info from Experian every 30 days but sometimes takes up to 5-7 business days to update their website (MONDAY.)  Any of you experts out there know if this is in fact the case? Moreover, does AMEX already have the new score potentially? I'd obviously like to go into the app with them having the highest most up-to-date information available.  I'm concerned that since I'm an existing customer they have not conducted one of their random "soft pulls" I've read about to update my internal score.  Reason I'm so anxious is because time is a factor to (if approved) to use the card and acrue the SUB and then use it for a trip I have coming up. This may be the incoherent ramblings of an overworked teacher despartaely chasing SUBs to take his family on a vacation but any and all help would be much appreciated!  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex FICO update time frame? Please Help!

In my experiences AMEX usually updates the EX score on their website 2-3 days after the statement closes.

Message 2 of 18
noobody
Established Contributor

I have Amex personal SPG and BCE, statements close around 13 or 14. FICO updates around 1 and 15 for the past two years.
Yes, they update twice a month for me.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine usually updates about 7 days after the day they pull the new report. For example, my reports are dated at about the 28th of every month but the Amex site won't update until about 5th-7th of the following month. If your last report was dated 2/10, you probably won't see your new 3/10 report until 3/17ish.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit score used by Amex's underwriters to evaluate applications usually lags the scores displayed in your account by about 4 weeks.  So personally I would wait a month after the updated scores are shown in your account to ensure underwriting is using the best scores.

Unfortunately the only way I'm aware to be sure when underwriting updates your scores is to apply and received a rejection letter.  That rejection letter usually states the date the last pull was made and it differs from the dates your account is updated.  If you've recieved a rejection letter in the past you can go to their status check site at https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do and enter your information.  Then compare the date quoted in the letter for the pull used against the date of your application and you will get a sense of the lag time.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I’ve had my BCE (late last year) it’s updated monthly for me 1 day before the last. This month it’s 3 days late and hasn’t updated yet.

Message 6 of 18
Washin17
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

So I am a current AMEX customer and wanted to apply for another card with them (Delta Platinum.)  Experian is listing my new CS (as of about a week ago) to be about 40 points higher than the one from 2/10/18 still listed on the "View My FICO" on the Amex site.  I called customer service (twice) beause I wanted to see when I could expect my score to update on the website.  Both said it would be every 30 days.  I said great - 30 days would have been yesterday.  She said that they typically get the new info from Experian every 30 days but sometimes takes up to 5-7 business days to update their website (MONDAY.)  Any of you experts out there know if this is in fact the case? Moreover, does AMEX already have the new score potentially? I'd obviously like to go into the app with them having the highest most up-to-date information available.  I'm concerned that since I'm an existing customer they have not conducted one of their random "soft pulls" I've read about to update my internal score.  Reason I'm so anxious is because time is a factor to (if approved) to use the card and acrue the SUB and then use it for a trip I have coming up. This may be the incoherent ramblings of an overworked teacher despartaely chasing SUBs to take his family on a vacation but any and all help would be much appreciated!  Thanks! 

My last update was the exact same as yours.  What I ended up doing was going back the last 6 months to look to see when my stament closed and compared it to when my new score generated.  Like the others stated, it was between 1-3 days for me each time.  I expect mine to update tomorrow.

Starting Score: 530EQ, 531TU, 514EX (0/2016)
Current Score: 686EQ, 710TU, 686EX (03/2017)
Goal Score: 750+ (01/2018)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting. .... Really hoping for the update tomorrow! I've got an itchy app finger! 

Message 8 of 18
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Mine updates on the 10th as well. It takes a few days for the score to update, sometimes longer than usual.

I would take MaizeandBlue's advice.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think people are misunderstanding the process.  The EX FICO 8 score used to by the underwriters to evaluate applications is not the same as the score displayed in your online account.  It usually lags behind the score in your account by about a month.

I learned this the hard way. Last year my EX score rose about 30 points after opening an Alliant Share Secured loan; and that new score was displayed in my online account.  I applied for the PRG and was rejected; the rejection letter showed that the pull and score they used was approx. a month older than the new score shown in my online account and on Experian's website.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.