Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR Ended...;))

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex FR Ended...;))

Since you already passed there FR, I would ask for the SKY!   I highly doubt they will FR you again after making it painful on you the first time!  They don't enjoy doing it either and know you hated it.  I know it wouldnt be a FR, but Tax Info and you got by that somehow, so they know what you make, etc already and you provided proof...

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well guys as few may know what happen with my wifes amex situation. Her cards went to financial review no icome just mine, we couldnt send them the 1045 or whatever thats form is. Because she hasnt done taxes. So we Bomb them with ALOT of paperwork like ( bank statement, hers and mines, my paystubs, her last year w-2, an affidavit, a letter typed by me notifying that my income is part of her income and will be using to pay the two cards etc etc and etc....
Welll today my wife recieved a call from amex, amd good news we stayed with the two amex cards

Amex everyday: $9500
Amex blue cash: $9900

Were so excited...the lady told her shee can use the card for what ever putchase and anything and apologize for any inconvenience....

Also quivk question originally both of them woulf make 61 daays on dec 12...ahould i do the 61 x3 CLI
I wouldnt pass more than $25,000....

Or should i start all over the 61 days cause of the Finanvial review... well thanks hope u enjoy my story and any answerd will really br appreciated

Her cards....
Citi Diamlnd Pref: ($2000)=-$571
Amex everyday: ($9500)=-$2038
Amex BLUE: ($9900)=-$0
capital one platinum: ($300)=-$88
"Platinum is credit step hope after the sixth statement she gets a big increase."

Authorized user
BEST BUY: ($1500)=$0
Capital one: ($500)=-$20

Wow. You mean your dw not had card 60 days and already got FR? My god. What triggered it? This is strange to say the least. I'm glad you guys survived it in   But goodness. I'm not ready to go thru all that so soon. I will just say good riddance at this point. 

MINE TRIGGERED FR when i used my blue cash on paypal. they freezed both gold and blue. i called and closed it before they did. if they close it it looks bad on your credit report

Message 12 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well guys as few may know what happen with my wifes amex situation. Her cards went to financial review no icome just mine, we couldnt send them the 1045 or whatever thats form is. Because she hasnt done taxes. So we Bomb them with ALOT of paperwork like ( bank statement, hers and mines, my paystubs, her last year w-2, an affidavit, a letter typed by me notifying that my income is part of her income and will be using to pay the two cards etc etc and etc....
Welll today my wife recieved a call from amex, amd good news we stayed with the two amex cards

Were so excited...the lady told her shee can use the card for what ever putchase and anything and apologize for any inconvenience....

Also quivk question originally both of them woulf make 61 daays on dec 12...ahould i do the 61 x3 CLI

Or should i start all over the 61 days cause of the Finanvial review... well thanks hope u enjoy my story and any answerd will really br appreciated

Her cards....
"Platinum is credit step hope after the sixth statement she gets a big increase."

Authorized user

Wow. You mean your dw not had card 60 days and already got FR? My god. What triggered it? This is strange to say the least. I'm glad you guys survived it in   But goodness. I'm not ready to go thru all that so soon. I will just say good riddance at this point. 

MINE TRIGGERED FR when i used my blue cash on paypal. they freezed both gold and blue. i called and closed it before they did. if they close it it looks bad on your credit report

It really doesn't look that bad on your credit report, if it  is just one or two.   If you close before the issuer decides to close you MAY avoid a bad internal  record with that issuer, but once it is frozen my guess is that it is often too late.

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Her cards....

Authorized user

It really doesn't look that bad on your credit report, if it  is just one or two.   If you close before the issuer decides to close you MAY avoid a bad internal  record with that issuer, but once it is frozen my guess is that it is often too late.

there's a big difference ''close per customers request'' and 'closed by issuiser'''

Message 14 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

there's a big difference ''close per customers request'' and 'closed by issuiser'''

And the difference is?

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And the difference is?

One feels like revenge, the other feels like rejection Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And the difference is?

One feels like revenge, the other feels like rejection Smiley Wink

education 

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

When can an issuer close your credit card account? Even if you're not in default, an issuer can boot you at any time

If AmEx doesn't like what it sees, it may lower your spending limit or cancel your account. "Our intent is to strike the right balance between accommodating our card members' spending needs, while also prudently managing credit risk -- for us and for our card members," Conway wrote.

Chase follows a similar policy. The company declined a requested interview for this story. But the Chase Freedom credit card agreement says one of the reasons your account may be considered in default is if the company believes you "may be unwilling or unable to pay your debts on time." 

Even if you're not in default, an issuer can boot you at any time. The most common reason is that you're not using the account often enough. From the issuer's perspective, it's better to give that line of credit to someone who will use the card frequently and rack up interest charges. "Sometimes we close accounts based not on your actions or inactions, but on our business needs," the Chase Freedom agreement reads.

There's no notice required for an obvious reason. They don't want you to run out and rack up a big bill if they've determined you're not creditworthy anymore.

Credit score damage
Card cancellations can impact your credit score in a couple of ways, according to Anthony Sprauve, director of public relations for FICO, the company that provides the most widely used credit score for individuals. Sprauve says that credit card companies provide a code for every account they close,  cancellation due to delinquency or default will ding your credit score. Any other reason should not, Sprauve says. 

What will hurt your score, however, is the sudden change in credit utilization. Your credit utilization ratio is the amount of credit you're using compared to how much you have available. It accounts for 30 percent of your FICO score. If you're using only 25 percent of your available credit line, you're seen as a better credit risk than someone who's maxing out their cards. 

Lose a big chunk of available credit through a card closure and suddenly your utilization will go up if you are carrying balances on other cards -- and your score will go down. Sprauve recommends paying down your existing debt to below 25 percent, or applying for new credit to once again reduce your credit utilization. 

Message 18 of 37
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

It comes as no surprise that it'd look bad if an issuer closes your account because it's delinquent, however, if the credit card issuer closes a card and the account is in good standing, as other said, it won't look bad on your report. If someone has a good credit, no late etc. I don't see how a account close by creditor could look bad.

Oh actually, my question just got answered, I guess, just saw this line: A cancellation due to delinquency or default will ding your credit score. Any other reason should not, Sprauve says. 

Message 19 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Right, but the bit you didn't bold, stated:   A cancellation due to delinquency or default will ding your credit score. Any other reason should not, Sprauve says. 

And defaults or lates already impact the score anyway.

Last month Amex closed one of my cards because, well, they wanted to.  Soon after, I pulled my reports from here.  On the two CRAs where it reported as Account closed by credit grantor,  the scores were 848.  For some reason it showed as still open on EX, with a score of 844.   So one or two closed for any reason other the default or similar doesn't hurt the score at least.  Too many will get attention on manual review maybe.

ETA: Beaten by Pat94108!

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.