cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR dodged...;phew....

tag
td762

Re: Amex FR dodged...;phew....

@NJTurnpike -- Do you have a CL > $25,000 on that card?

Message 11 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Was shopping in another town I never go to and a fraud alert occured at on my Amex card. got a popup notice on my smartphone.

Got a very polite rep on the line, she asked to update some information in my account, then came narrowly close to initiating an FR, but then decided against it. I was literally panicking in my parked car. haha.

I don't know why, but I'm still a little shaken up by it.

phew.....

I said it before and i'll say it again............

I pay my bill on time in full every month. If AMEX is not happy with that, they can have their card back. Never will I give my tax info. for a CC.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Was shopping in another town I never go to and a fraud alert occured at on my Amex card. got a popup notice on my smartphone.

Got a very polite rep on the line, she asked to update some information in my account, then came narrowly close to initiating an FR, but then decided against it. I was literally panicking in my parked car. haha.

phew.....

I pay my bill on time in full every month. If AMEX is not happy with that, they can have their card back. Never will I give my tax info. for a CC.

I don't think you're their target for an FR. 

if you notice, most people who get FR'd (and complain about it on the forum) have their accounts closed, and probably because they lied about something on their app. 

Message 13 of 21
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Auto billing hit the card, close to the time it was manually used????

Message 14 of 21
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

phew.....

if you notice, most people who get FR'd (and complain about it on the forum) have their accounts closed, and probably because they lied about something on their app. 

Nothing was lied on my app. I was buying some stuff at a costco for over $1k over 50 miles from my home address. I never have shopped there before. so i guess that flagged my account. I called, they asked for some updated info, then gave me a spiel about spending patterns and thanked me for being patient. the csr was extremely polite and respectful and said she will not be needing additional documentation for my business platinum.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 15 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

phew.....

Nothing was lied on my app. I was buying some stuff at a costco for over $1k over 50 miles from my home address. I never have shopped there before. so i guess that flagged my account. I called, they asked for some updated info, then gave me a spiel about spending patterns and thanked me for being patient. the csr was extremely polite and respectful and said she will not be needing additional documentation for my business platinum.

Not implying you lied either Smiley Tongue 

most of the regulars here are smart enough to not lie on an app.  lol

its the people who post about an FR as their first post or something, and their account gets closed because they said their income was 37 million dollars and they're really unemployed and they can't figure out why amex closed their account. 

Message 16 of 21
lanc
Regular Contributor

Amex can see what you purchased and everything because they are the network.  For example Chase runs on either visa or mc but the network is seperate from the bank.

Message 17 of 21
culture
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

their income was 37 million dollars

When will be my time to get paid like that  ?    

Message 18 of 21
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

@lanc wrote:

Amex can see what you purchased and everything because they are the network.  For example Chase runs on either visa or mc but the network is seperate from the bank.

no they do not see everything because they are the network, the software package that the merchant is running has to support sending the line level detail, not all software does and its not required by amex to process their cards, if a merchant does however send line level detail they will be charged a lower processing rate

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 19 of 21
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

phew.....

You dodged the AMEX bullet Smiley Very Happy

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.