cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR from multiple payments per month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex FR from multiple payments per month?

@IllinoisNative wrote:

Regarding holds on payments, we do don't do this if you make multiple payments.  We do this on new accounts who have no payment history with us especially if they make large payments. 

Which again can easily be avoided by pushing payments out of the bank account rather than pulling it from the CC account.

Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I make multiple payments with no issues with Amex. They seem to like me best when I spend fairly big, pay it off, and spend again.
Message 52 of 54
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IllinoisNative wrote:

Regarding holds on payments, we do don't do this if you make multiple payments.  We do this on new accounts who have no payment history with us especially if they make large payments. 

Which again can easily be avoided by pushing payments out of the bank account rather than pulling it from the CC account.

Correct me if I'm wrong IN, but "hold on payment" means that the payment is not immediately used to make that part of credit amount available again, until that payment clears the cardholders bank a few days later, correct?

So the technique of pushing a payment from the cardholders own bank account to the CCC merely shifts that clearing time delay into the days it takes from the cardholder saying "Send funds to CCC x" to move the funds from the cardholders bank account to the CCC.

They result in the same delay in releasing the credit line for further use. No advantage to either (other than you know up front that you have a timing delay when you push the payment from your checking account).

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 53 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

They result in the same delay in releasing the credit line for further use. No advantage to either (other than you know up front that you have a timing delay when you push the payment from your checking account).

Basically that's the perfect reasoning for me. I distribute all my payments every Sunday and know for a fact they're cleared on the CC accounts on Tuesday night.

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.