Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR if CLI to $25k requested?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex FR if CLI to $25k requested?

I was just approved for a Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex with a wonderful starting limit of $24,800 and I am wondering if requesting $25k is likely to trigger FR. I don't want to poke the bear too much but having an even $25k would be nice.

I'd also be interested to hear the protocol for requesting a CLI above $25k, I know it would likely trigger FR, but I can prove the income I stated, so I don't think that should be an issue, so what's their policy for limits above $25k?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex FR if CLI to $25k requested?

The trigger for the request for over 25k is based on your profile.  Some people have been successful getting it without having to prove income.  So we will be taking a wild guess whether yours will trigger or not.

If you are able to prove and send your income in, then chance it and see what happens. You never know-   Keep us posted on results.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for a Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex with a wonderful starting limit of $24,800 and I am wondering if requesting $25k is likely to trigger FR. I don't want to poke the bear too much but having an even $25k would be nice.

I'd also be interested to hear the protocol for requesting a CLI above $25k, I know it would likely trigger FR, but I can prove the income I stated, so I don't think that should be an issue, so what's their policy for limits above $25k?

Thank you!

Why not just ask for a clean 40K

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't confuse an FR with a request for tax transcripts.  Two different beasts.

Message 4 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

I requested and receive $25k no tax docs.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Message 6 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This.   Requests for transcripts are harmless (unless you have overstated income), you can choose not to comply and all that happens is your CLI request is declined.

There is no hard and fast rule about $25K  Many people here have gone from below to above with no transcript request, others (including me) have been asked for transcripts doing this.

But certainly invoking the process for a $200 increase seems a little silly, as Nixon says ask for more.

While no-one outside Amex really knows the process, basically if your income can support a higher limit, and Amex perceives a need it should be OK.   The last bit is a bit fuzzy, sometimes if you haven't been spending a lot of the existing CL they are less willing to grant a big increase, but recently others have got 3x CLI on card activation, suggesting usage isn't that important!

Message 7 of 17
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Got 35K without a peep from Amex. If you have the docs to support the request, go for 40 or 50. If you want to stay under the radar, don't ask.
☮ & ❤
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

most people have reported when they request over 25k 

Message 9 of 17
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Went from 8.4 to 15.2 to 22.2 to 27 without 4506-t. I asked for 3x each time except the last when I asked for 27. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.