Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR if CLI to $25k requested?

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex FR if CLI to $25k requested?

I asked for 30K and nothing happened fyi
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 11 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for a Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex with a wonderful starting limit of $24,800 and I am wondering if requesting $25k is likely to trigger FR. I don't want to poke the bear too much but having an even $25k would be nice.

I'd also be interested to hear the protocol for requesting a CLI above $25k, I know it would likely trigger FR, but I can prove the income I stated, so I don't think that should be an issue, so what's their policy for limits above $25k?

Thank you!

To be clear it would not be a FR it would be an income verification. The two things are very different. Also, you could try and if they request income verification you don't have to turn over the paperwork and the limit remains the same. Since your willing to turn over your paperwork you can certainly try. Honestly I wouldn't do it myself just to have a round number. Too much hassle. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
I asked for 30K and nothing happened fyi

I wonder if the income verification cutoff is based more on a set percentage of a person's income or if its just the current overall credit score.

;
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for a Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex with a wonderful starting limit of $24,800 and I am wondering if requesting $25k is likely to trigger FR. I don't want to poke the bear too much but having an even $25k would be nice.

I'd also be interested to hear the protocol for requesting a CLI above $25k, I know it would likely trigger FR, but I can prove the income I stated, so I don't think that should be an issue, so what's their policy for limits above $25k?

Thank you!

To be clear it would not be a FR it would be an income verification. The two things are very different. Also, you could try and if they request income verification you don't have to turn over the paperwork and the limit remains the same. Since your willing to turn over your paperwork you can certainly try. Honestly I wouldn't do it myself just to have a round number. Too much hassle. 

Ok, thank you for the tips. Do you know if they will accept bank statements for pay verification? And what would be a good amount to request? I know they counter sometimes, but I have a feeling that requesting something more reasonable would be prudent.

Message 14 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Ok, thank you for the tips. Do you know if they will accept bank statements for pay verification? And what would be a good amount to request? I know they counter sometimes, but I have a feeling that requesting something more reasonable would be prudent.

Think they request for permission to ask the IRS for your income, so far I haven't had to deal with it ::knock on wood::

;
Message 15 of 17
rlx01
Established Contributor

I went to 30k instantly.

Going for 50k once a few cards report.
Message 16 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if requesting $25k is likely to trigger FR

As stated in the 3x CLI guide, crossing $25K may trigger an income verification which is not the same thing as an FR.  Note the "may".  In other words, YMMV.

My first $25K request was instantly approved.  When I made a request that took me to ~$34.5K in total limits I ran into an income verification.  Again, YMMV.

@Anonymous wrote:

There's really no protocol for the request.  You make the request.  If you qualify you get what you request.  If you qualify for less they counteroffer.  If you qualify for nothing they deny you.

There's no policy or chart that you can refer to.  They don't disclose their underwriting critieria.

Your proof of income is handled via tax transcripts -- i.e. the 4506-T.  Make sure that your 2013 return is reasonably close to what you what you stated on your app.  IIRC, per the 4506-T instructions, 2014 transcripts won't be considered until about August or September.

@red259 wrote:

I wonder if the income verification cutoff is based more on a set percentage of a person's income or if its just the current overall credit score.

No telling for certain.  I doubt it's a simple matter of just one factor.

@Anonymous wrote:

And what would be a good amount to request? I know they counter sometimes, but I have a feeling that requesting something more reasonable would be prudent.

We can't tell you what a good is amount or what's reasonable for you -- especially with no information reagrding your credit.  Limits and CLI's are always based on one's credit and income.  What you qualify for is what you qualify for.  If you qualify for less you'll get a counteroffer.  I'd generally aim high versus shooting low and leaving a potential increase on the table but you have to make the call for yourself.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.