Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR on Revolvers?

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Amex FR on Revolvers?

I used to have 2 amex cards... Blue with a $8,300 limit and Delta Platinum with a $12,000 limit... got FRd appx. 2 years ago. Process was simple, I hadn't lied on my application or anything, and after the process was over they increased my delta limit to $15,000 without any request from my part.

I think others have mentioned this to you, but Discover is more picky than amex when it comes to issuing cards. From what I have read in other threads, you are a student with very little income. I would stick to cards that are a little easier to get approved for. Even if you got a discover card issued, it would have an extremely low limit.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex FR on Revolvers?

I don't lie about income on the apps, I do have some unverifiable untaxed benefits I receive ~$400/mo, that I would LIKE to include, but don't on Amex apps for fear of FR.  People seem to think I'm lying on the apps, I'm not :-/.  Anyway, Discover's student card usually gives out fair ~$1,000 limits.  All I want is a good third card, that's it, I'm done from there.

Do you have any suggestions as to what may be a good third and final card with rewards?  As long as the limit is $1k+ I'd be happy, I don't want/need limits I cant pay!

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.