Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex FR question

I accidentally requested 2 credit limit increase on my ED card and got approved for a PRG yesterday (not by accident) . By mistake i put 10k increase the first time when in reality i wanted something more like 6k or 8k i didint see anything on the next window so i call amex and they said then dont worry lets do it over the phone , then it was denied but i got transfered to a "reconsideration department" and was denied again ., will those 2 dumb cli's trigger a FR ?! Im honest on the apps as far as income goes , although i put my "last pay stub income" which is usually 500 bucks off of the IRS reported income for some reason . , im just scared of being declined while going out to eat or something and have to go thru that embarassment Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex FR question

No.

        
Message 2 of 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Amex FR question

Agree. They switched me for reconsideration on my business card li request, and when I applied, I listed as startup. They then sent me to underwriting, whom wanted two years of tax returns. I have been a non filer until the end of this year. Reconsideration didn't realize this was start up. Notes were made to account that I should not have been asked for financial documents at this time (try getting IRS like spreadsheets ready with projections, government benefits, brokerage accounts, I even forgot my savings accounts, and fax all this to underwriting. They were not thrilled with the prospect neither).

I have had no adverse action so far, business cards get you US reps, my accounts are in good standing. Do not worry. Give them some love, show you can charge and pay what you say you make, along with proper management of your other cards, they will loosen eventually.

PS, they even denied Irish80 on a 3k card. He is in the 800's, and treats all his cards and limits well. Amex is tightening up a bit. Very bad last few quarters for them. With me, whom has not paid interest, they want to push charge cards (with fee). While I will love their cards for the cash back, giving them money for charge cards is not in my plans (I don't want to open any more cards for awhile.)

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.