Did you mean: 

Amex FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex FR

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Received an interesting call from Amex today. Told the guy that leave a phone number and I'll call him back (800-874-2717).

After verification he told me that I "passed" the financial review and they decided to increase my credit limit by 5k. I asked why (paranoid) and he told me I'm not suppose to put down the income after tax for income consideration. (I thought you're suppose to put the net income down after tax and 401k and etc.?)

I told my mom about this she was also surprised (she has the Gold Premier charge and another charge from Amex, member since before I was even born lmao)

Edited: I should have made a new threat, ahhh whatever

Nah, always put your gross income down on any credit application

Unless it's like my Walmart and TJX accounts where they specifically ask for net income.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Received an interesting call from Amex today. Told the guy that leave a phone number and I'll call him back (800-874-2717).

After verification he told me that I "passed" the financial review and they decided to increase my credit limit by 5k. I asked why (paranoid) and he told me I'm not suppose to put down the income after tax for income consideration. (I thought you're suppose to put the net income down after tax and 401k and etc.?)

I told my mom about this she was also surprised (she has the Gold Premier charge and another charge from Amex, member since before I was even born lmao)

Unless it's like my Walmart and TJX accounts where they specifically ask for net income.

Didn't know that they did that so  I will amend my response 😃

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't know that they did that so  I will amend my response 😃

We can't use the entire amount of our gross income to pay our debts. The amount of funds we're "technically" able to use to repay our debts is the net not the gross ... maybe their credit model accepts the gross as input instead of net since they calculate the tax and expenses themselves (that's why they ask for housing expenses + asset?)

Message 13 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Actually I'm getting so annoyed by the people promoting FUD regarding FR's on this site, I'm tempted to start abusing the ban stick.

1) It is not common, not even remotely close.

2) Just because you got asked to provide a 4506-T does not mean you've been through a FR.

3) The population here is horribly skewed when it comes to credit card use vs. the average consumer and any statistics here are utterly unreliable.

4) This sounds like a research paper topic or something less copasetic, neither of which is particularly appropriate for this forum.

If we were to sticky something it would be a comprehensive debunking of the FR rumors that exists on this forum, and FWIW I doubt that'd fly with FICO.  People need to get over the AA fear and in my opinion, should start thinking of how to make yourselves stick out less to lenders if you are worried about it.

ETA: oh and public warning, this particular IP this was posted from has a whole bunch of junk accounts (and this is one of them) and one legitimate user.  Don't do this, we're going to start cracking down on this shennanigans.

        
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.