Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex FR

I hear many people on here talk about F/Rs. I wonder if it is mostly us and what we are doing to raise scores. When I say us, I mean the ones like me who are opening a bunch of new accounts in a short time to raise FICO scores, caring small balances on a card or 2 or more, looking like we can't afford to pay debt off, maxing out a card that doesn't show CL to make a high limit, small loans making us look even more desperate, stuff like this. I know I have Amex worried. I am being reviewed by Amex 3-4 times montly. Their probably saying what in earth is this person doing with their credit? The answer, raising my FICO.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza,
 Those are the triggers I was talking about and there amy be more attention because 1. Amex and Discover have lowered their standard of approval to widen their customer base. 2. The Subprime lending mess 3. More people are trying to be more informed and run to the net to see what the heck is going on. It may just seem that there are more.
Message 22 of 28
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

i talked to someone from Amex and they told me something does trigger a  FR she didn't say what due to the fact that it is a whole other department.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

laryn41 wrote:
i talked to someone from Amex and they told me something does trigger a  FR she didn't say what due to the fact that it is a whole other department.

Yes, like people calling to find out how to avoid F/RsSmiley Very Happy

Sorry laryn, couldn't help it.  It was there!!! Don't shoot meSmiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

fr is triggered yes. but in a short term. in the long tern fr is a way of doing business for amex.
lol
Message 25 of 28
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

actually I wasn't inq about a FR I called in reference to changing my income.  i only claim 8% of My income so i wanted to let them know and the FR came up.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

laryn41 wrote:
actually I wasn't inq about a FR I called in reference to changing my income.  i only claim 8% of My income so i wanted to let them know and the FR came up.

Sorry laryn only joking

Message 27 of 28
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

oh I know Brammy, no prob...
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.