Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Financial Review Credit Card?

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Amex Financial Review Credit Card?

So i have a curiousity question. I have a Amex Gold Card and i canceled it because they made me do a financial review every year. So my question is I am going to apply for a Amex Everyday Credit Card. Do they do Financial Reviews on there credit cards to or only on there charge cards? Any have any experience with this?

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Financial Review Credit Card?

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

So i have a curiousity question. I have a Amex Gold Card and i canceled it because they made me do a financial review every year. So my question is I am going to apply for a Amex Everyday Credit Card. Do they do Financial Reviews on there credit cards to or only on there charge cards? Any have any experience with this?

@Jonbuck06,

If they do that to you every year then there is a strong chance it will be done on the revolver also...

Message 2 of 33
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

I think its ridiculous. you would just think they would do it like once every 3 years or something not once every year.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

I think its ridiculous. you would just think they would do it like once every 3 years or something not once every year.

I agree.. That is just crazy..  What is their reason for wanting to do it every year.  Do you know?

Message 4 of 33
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

I agree.. That is just crazy..  What is their reason for wanting to do it every year.  Do you know?

There's something they are not liking about your profile, I've had AMEX back in the past and they never did it to me and I have AMEX now and they never wanted to do a FR yet.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 33
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Well I have a large income and they want to view my tax records every year to ensure i still have my job i guess or something.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 6 of 33
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've never had a FR from them.  Must be something on your CR that is raising a flag.  I have no idea.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think maybe that the actual job/position is also criticized? Maybe jobs/positions with higher turnover are more at risk,etc...

I'm going through an FR right now - first ever. 

Opened 4 accounts in 2-3months with very high usage... all charge cards though so PIF's.  Gotta meet spend req's Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 33
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

idk haha maybe!

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 9 of 33
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Well I have a large income and they want to view my tax records every year to ensure i still have my job i guess or something.

A high income isn't going to cause them to want to do a FR on you every year unless you have some obsurd amount of open credit line with them and others

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.