Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Financial Review

tag
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

Amex Financial Review

Greetings everybody,

I have a quick question and was looking for a little insight.

I have an Amex BCE at $23,100

Can I apply for one of their co-branded cards like Hilton HHonors or Delta without triggering that $25,000 FR?

I got the Amex BCE back in May 2015.

Hope somebody knows the answer to this one.

Thanks in advance,

John

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Financial Review

Not one person here can answer this only Amex can 

Sorry you just have to apply and hope for the best 

Good luck should you pull the trigger I'll be pulling for your success

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@Journeygod wrote:

Greetings everybody,

Can I apply for one of their co-branded cards like Hilton HHonors or Delta without triggering that $25,000 FR?

Thanks in advance,

John

You likely wouldn't be FR'd they may ask for income verification but that is not a FR. I have well over 25k of credit across my amex cards and never had any issues. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 15
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

@red259 wrote:

You likely wouldn't be FR'd they may ask for income verification but that is not a FR. I have well over 25k of credit across my amex cards and never had any issues. 

Thanks,

I was wondering if that was a hard and fast rule.

I know Chase's card limit rules (5 in 2yrs.)  doesn't apply to their co-branded cards.

That's why I asked about the Amex $25,000 FR. I was thinking it might not apply to their co-branded cards.

Thanks for that insight!

-John

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Journeygod wrote:

Greetings everybody,

Thanks in advance,

John

Yes.

Message 5 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@Journeygod wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Thanks,

I know Chase's card limit rules (5 in 2yrs.)  doesn't apply to their co-branded cards.

That's why I asked about the Amex $25,000 FR. I was thinking it might not apply to their co-branded cards.

Thanks for that insight!

-John

It is based on credit profiles so there is no specific amount that triggers an income verification for everyone. Also, keep in mind if they ask for income verification you can just decide to not submit the requested docs. You won't get the card, but you shouldn't lose anything either. Now if you have been on a large app spree recently and are going for an amex card that would be a different story, because they may wonder why you need all the credit. 

;
Message 6 of 15
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Journeygod wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks for that insight!

-John

It is based on credit profiles so there is no specific amount that triggers an income verification for everyone. Also, keep in mind if they ask for income verification you can just decide to not submit the requested docs. You won't get the card, but you shouldn't lose anything either. Now if you have been on a large app spree recently and are going for an amex card that would be a different story, because they may wonder why you need all the credit. 

Good Points!

Thanks

Message 7 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

Adding my two cents.

Like the other posters mentioned, no one really knows what triggers an FR. My theroy is that Amex focuses on charge activity and increase in balances accross all cards.

It also seems that they are asking for income / liqued asset verification before an actual F/R.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Adding my two cents.

Like the other posters mentioned, no one really knows what triggers an FR. My theroy is that Amex focuses on charge activity and increase in balances accross all cards.

It also seems that they are asking for income / liqued asset verification before an actual F/R.

Income verification isn't connected to a FR. They are two very different things. 

;
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Adding my two cents.

Income verification isn't connected to a FR. They are two very different things. 

Correct.  Also one thing to remember is that if you ask for a CLI and they request the 4506-T, you can always resubmit your CLI request for a lower amount to see if that goes thru with the income verification request.  An FR is different and if you don't comply with one of those, your accounts will be shut down.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.