Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - First Time Appliers?

tag
DeltaMSP

Amex - First Time Appliers?

Hi Everyone!

I am looking to apply for my first card from Amex. I have numerous cards from Chase and CaptialOne but never applied for a Amex card.

I am deciding between whether to apply for a personal charge card or a business charge card. And yes, I own a legit business with six figure revenues. I have an Tax ID too.

The reason why I am debating between a Business and Personal is because I don't want to be declined for a business card. I feel like Amex may decline me if I apply for a business card because I have no history with them. Do you think that is true?

FYI, I am looking to apply for either the Gold from Business or Personal. I prefer for Business because it offers 2X points on shipping and I am a e-tailer.

Any advices?

P.S. do Amex MR points work like Chase Sapphire Preferred UR points with 1:1 travel transfers?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex - First Time Appliers?

Don't think it matters being a first-timer or not when it comes to business accounts, the key differentiator is whether you're going to be running business expenses or personal spending through it.

Amex anecdotally appears to be a lot more picky about that than Chase or other business card providers: running business expenses through a personal card and therefore outstripping your stated personal income is almost assuredly the #1 reason for FR triggering... so if you want it for business, go apply for the business version, but if you're using it for personal, do that instead.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.