Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

Amex Gold Approval!!!

I just got the card I've wanted FOREVER.

I applied KNOWING that I would get declined yesterday afternoon just to hopefully get on their softing/pre-approval list.

Some guy called me today, needed to verify my address with my bank, and said I was approved and welcomed me to the Amex family.  I was speechless for like 2 minutes.  I almost fainted.

I'm so excited.  Couldn't have done it without you guys!!!!!!!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Established Contributor
mross1080

Re: Amex Gold Approval!!!

Congrats! I love my amex.

Super Contributor
DI

Congrats!

burgh

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Regular Contributor
iluvmyfico

Hey, Wow big congrats! Could you share specifics? I see your scores but did you have any baddies? What about utilization? I'm currently at 24% Utilization TU is 693 and EX is 702 however I have several baddies. Two CO are falling off next month. Two more baddies fell off this month. So come November I will have two baddies. One is Auto Loan with 4 30 days late from 5 years ago (I've been fighting them for two years to remove since I was never late) and another loan acct that I've GW'd and nothing. That was like 6 years ago. Once the two items fall off next month I'd like to apply for an AMEX card but what do you think my chances will be with baddies still on my report?
New Contributor
bubblebutt

feels goodddddddd

starting score 549
current score 702 TU , 708 EQ, EX ??
goal score 740

Valued Contributor
tray

Congratulations AMEX will grow with you

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}