Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Business Denied this morning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold Business Denied this morning

I applied over the phone after 100 questions lol it was denied due to 

Thank you for applying for the American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card. We're writing to let you know we cannot approve your application at this time because American Express cancelled your previous accounts.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-567-1083 or write to us at the address above. You may qualify for a new Card in the future and are welcome to submit an application at a later date. You can also learn more about managing your credit at americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

I guess capital one spark and boa business will be used.. Wanted an amex again :/

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Gold Business Denied this morning

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied over the phone after 100 questions lol it was denied due to 

Thank you for applying for the American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card. We're writing to let you know we cannot approve your application at this time because American Express cancelled your previous accounts.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-567-1083 or write to us at the address above. You may qualify for a new Card in the future and are welcome to submit an application at a later date. You can also learn more about managing your credit at americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

I guess capital one spark and boa business will be used.. Wanted an amex again :/

at least it didn't cost you a hp.

what happened with your last amex?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

bk 03 they canceled my amex costco.. Give it up already!!! right I can have a chase freedom and discover it with 5k + limits but no amex

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

bk 03 they canceled my amex costco.. Give it up already!!! right I can have a chase freedom and discover it with 5k + limits but no amex

wow... it's odd how some people seem to get stuck in that never give a card to them again computer with amex and others seem to be released around 8 years after the bk filing range.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i know and my reports are clean no bankruptcy being reported an IIB all gone its past 10 years

Message 5 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i know and my reports are clean no bankruptcy being reported an IIB all gone its past 10 years

Right, but an issuer doesn't need it to be on the report. Was Amex IIB?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes which they closed the account during the filing

Message 7 of 12
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes which they closed the account during the filing

Did you have a balance on the account? did you pay it off before you filed BK?,If you did not include Amex in your Bk ,Than You should not have a problem getting back in with them

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

they were included in the bankruptcy 10 years ago

Message 9 of 12
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I would imagine the amount they were burned for helped determine how long they will blacklist a customer. You could call them and see if there's anything you can do to be approved later..?
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.