Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Charge question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold Charge question

i recently applied for a green charge(last week), was denied due to a collection. It is now removed. like it never existed. my score went up about 728. 

Is it bad if i apply for the gold charge now? since my score got better by alot ? 

thanks for your input!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Gold Charge question

@Anonymous wrote:

i recently applied for a green charge(last week), was denied due to a collection. It is now removed. like it never existed. my score went up about 728. 

Is it bad if i apply for the gold charge now? since my score got better by alot ? 

thanks for your input!

Not "bad" i Believe you need to wait 31 days between apps. might be 61 days. any reason you want the gold and not the PRG?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You have to wait 30 days before applying from the date of your last application denial.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for your input!

Apply for the GOLD PRG card, it has the best benefits and has AF waived for the first year and all charge cards have essentialy the same underwriting, might as well go for the best rewards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for your input!

What was your score before the collection came off? Why did the collection come off? Was there a mistake? If so, maybe worth a recon instead of a whole other app.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 8
MT936
Established Contributor

as everyone has said wait at least a month before reapplying

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for your input!

What was your score before the collection came off? Why did the collection come off? Was there a mistake? If so, maybe worth a recon instead of a whole other app.

it was a mistake and it was removed completly with my collection my score was 666 (no lie) and now when i checked directly with experian it went up to 728. i will call tomorrow and see what can be done

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will keep that in mind

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.