tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Gold, Zync, Green

@Revelate wrote:

Open:

http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Zync/25330

Stil lists $25 as the AF.

When I do the compare cards and pick Zync as one of them, still lists as $25.

Check the website and make sure you're logged out; if so, and you can still find that offer, do post a link please as I'm genuinely curious... though I suspect it's possibly an offer for current card members.

You're right!

When I clear the cookies and log out, it reverts back to $25.  Strange...let me see if I can figure out why it shows $15 when I log in.  Maybe it's my renewal fee, or it could be for an AU card.

Message 31 of 34
Open123
Super Contributor

I'm sorry, my mistake.  That's for an additional cardmember.

I'll see what the fee is when the it's due in a few months.  I'm assuming it's still $20 or $25.

Message 32 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

I'm sorry, my mistake.  That's for an additional cardmember.

I'll see what the fee is when the it's due in a few months.  I'm assuming it's still $20 or $25.

No worries!

I'm not worried about the AF whenever I qualify for the card: my math skills are still good enough to know I'll make back well over what I put into it + the restaurant pack... though I'll probably hoard points anyway for a while.  I do like your term "accelerator" for the Zync card as an additional card holder, and using select transactions through it to earn bonus points which can be linked to the higher rewards tier anyway.

        
Message 33 of 34
Open123
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

No worries!

I'm not worried about the AF whenever I qualify for the card: my math skills are still good enough to know I'll make back well over what I put into it + the restaurant pack... though I'll probably hoard points anyway for a while.  I do like your term "accelerator" for the Zync card as an additional card holder, and using select transactions through it to earn bonus points which can be linked to the higher rewards tier anyway.

The restaurant pack is definitely my favorite.  

Right off the bat, you get a $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts and Coldstone, and $50 gift card for spending $250 at Morton's in a calendar year.  The double points are great, not to mention the 10k bonus, if it's still available.

I think you'll be approved for this card very soon.  AmEx seems to be in a period where they're looking for new cardmembers.  

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.