Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold and Costco TrueEarnings Approval and Backdate Luv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold and Costco TrueEarnings Approval and Backdate Luv

I've been hard at work on my credit and got my score up from 632 to 722 since last April.  I shop at Costco like crazy and have really wanted the Amex True Earnings, but kept reading how hard it was to get.  Last week I check the Amex sight and saw I prequalified for the Gold card, so I applied online and got approved instantly.  I was feeling pretty good so I also submitted an app for the Costco card.  After agonizing for days, I checked online and saw that I was approved!!

Better yet, I was an AU on my uncles card in 1989 and they are backdating my cards to 1989!!

This was such a thrill for me, as I've come a long way.  I'm hoping that the 20+ years on two accounts will help my score even more.  We plan to apply for Residential Construction Loan to build our dream house in the fall and I want my score over 750 to get the best rate possible.

The score of 722 is my FICO EQ score.  I don't know the others, but the reports contain pretty much the same info.

Was really pleased that I got approved even with these lingering baddies:

Baddies that won’t budge:

Cap One Charge off from ‘05

Citibank – opened '93 closed in ’05, charged off 4/09, paid settlement 04/10

Citibank – opened ' 04closed in ’05, paid 02/11, lates from 09/08

Sallie Mae opned '05 – lates 07/2009=I4,06/2009=I4,07/2008=I5

Paypal opened ''08– 30 dy late 04/08 (still bugging them to goodwill!)

Length of Credit History:18 Years , 5 Months

Average Account Age: 9 Years, 5 Months

Utilization 26%

Wells Fargo Mortgage – not reporting 7+ yrs of perfect payments because account was not reaffirmed when hubby filed bankruptcy in ’05 !!?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Gold and Costco TrueEarnings Approval and Backdate Luv

Good heavens, two cards backdated to 1989?? That's wonderful!

Congrats on your progress. And now, as I'm sure you know, stop. Smiley Wink Ideally you don't get any new credit within six months of going for a mortgage, which presumably includes construction loans.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Would you mind sharing some of the Luv and adding me as and AU so that I can get my Amex cards backdated to 1989?  I would greatly appreciate it!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ haulingthescoreup Thanks. Yes, it felt good and gave the kind of high I get when shopping, which is what got me in trouble in the first place! I almost got trigger happy but then I thought of my dreamhose and had a Tres Leches cake instead! LOL @Jagerbombs89 Well the only way I would is if we got married or if I adopted you. Sorry but I've already got a husband and kids! ;( LOL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.