Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold reporting..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold reporting..

I opened my Amex gold in 2/08. The initial *secret limit was upped to 5k so I could put my tuition on it. Come May I decided to sign up for CS - Credit Secure with Amex as I had cancelled my Chase Id Protection, but decided to look up on things.

With the 30 day trial from Amex, I looked at my report and noticed Amex was reporting differently. It used to report as charge now it is reporting as revolving with a limit of 1,000.

I called up Amex shortly to find out why it has changed. According to the Rep, she said the card will report as revolving because it has the potentiality to revolve balances. I logged into my account and found:
"A flexible payment section on your statement
Once you enroll, all eligible travel-related charges and purchases of $200 or more are automatically itemized in a separate section of your monthly statement. You decide whether you want to pay the charges in full, pay the minimum due or anything in between. Each month, you must pay the other charges on your bill in full" (American Express Website).

Essentially, the card was a charge, but now is revolving if I decide to revolve anything under the above terms. I think it is better to have this report as revolving as I don't keep high balances and it helps my utilization.

Just thought I would share this with yo u all as it is something that will probably effect most charge holders who think they can keep high balances without affecting their utilization.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Gold reporting..

This is interesting. Have you pulled your actual FICO reports and checked if it is really reporting as revolving?

Also, which Gold card do you have? I am thinking about making the upgrade myself.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 4
heirophant
Established Contributor

Bumping this thread because I am interested in getting a Gold.  Anyone else that has a gold, is it reporting this way or "Other" on your report?
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No-
The charge card my appear different on the EXP report-
But I assure you that you must be reading it wrong- 

Don't take advantage of the "Flex pay" option 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.