Established Member
Steven_S

Amex Gold reporting..

I opened my Amex gold in 2/08. The initial *secret limit was upped to 5k so I could put my tuition on it. Come May I decided to sign up for CS - Credit Secure with Amex as I had cancelled my Chase Id Protection, but decided to look up on things.

With the 30 day trial from Amex, I looked at my report and noticed Amex was reporting differently. It used to report as charge now it is reporting as revolving with a limit of 1,000.

I called up Amex shortly to find out why it has changed. According to the Rep, she said the card will report as revolving because it has the potentiality to revolve balances. I logged into my account and found:
"A flexible payment section on your statement
Once you enroll, all eligible travel-related charges and purchases of $200 or more are automatically itemized in a separate section of your monthly statement. You decide whether you want to pay the charges in full, pay the minimum due or anything in between. Each month, you must pay the other charges on your bill in full" (American Express Website).

Essentially, the card was a charge, but now is revolving if I decide to revolve anything under the above terms. I think it is better to have this report as revolving as I don't keep high balances and it helps my utilization.

Just thought I would share this with yo u all as it is something that will probably effect most charge holders who think they can keep high balances without affecting their utilization.

Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Amex Gold reporting..

This is interesting. Have you pulled your actual FICO reports and checked if it is really reporting as revolving?

Also, which Gold card do you have? I am thinking about making the upgrade myself.
Here we go again...
Established Contributor
heirophant

Bumping this thread because I am interested in getting a Gold.  Anyone else that has a gold, is it reporting this way or "Other" on your report?
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

No-
The charge card my appear different on the EXP report-
But I assure you that you must be reading it wrong- 

Don't take advantage of the "Flex pay" option 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+