Did you mean: 

Amex Green Card Requirements?

tag
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Green Card Requirements?

@tinuviel wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

what does it mean by a charge card? how different is it from a revolver?

The balance on a charge card must be paid in full every month; on a revolver, you must pay at least a minimum amount each month, but you can carry a balance over from one month to the next.

Oh ok Thx. so I dont see any advantage of a charge card. right? 

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 27
jamie123
Valued Contributor

The balance that is reported to the CRAs on a charge card is not factored into your utilization percentage so it will help to keep your scores up a bit. You still have a month to pay the charge card off after your statement cuts.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 22 of 27
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

I know this is an old thread but does it mean anything if amex tells you in the denial letter that you are welcome to apply for one of their other cards or is that standard? A friend of mine applied for a revolver from Amex and was denied. I don't know his specific credit profile details but in the denial letter it said he was welcome to apply for one of their other cards but just to wait 30 days before he does. I reccomended Amex green if he wants an Amex because from everything I've read here it seems like that one is believed to be the "easiest" to get.

Any thoughts?

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 27
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Jutz,

I really like your layout of your signature, how did you manage to do that?  Is it something that I can copy/paste somewhere?  Thanks.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got declined for the Green card, AMEX hates me.

Message 26 of 27
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got declined for the Green card, AMEX hates me.

What does your CR look like?

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.