Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green Charge Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green Charge Card

Yeah, I considered going to upgrade from the green to the PRG in a year, but I'm not sure if I'll do that or close it.....I'm not sure how to incorporate the green AmEx into my cc lineup so it would benefit me.

I don't need the Delta, but I applied to get in with Amex....silly me. I have the Venture and I'm very happy with the rewards program. Im going to call Monday to cancel the delta app and push the ED through. Wish me luck!
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I considered going to upgrade from the green to the PRG in a year, but I'm not sure if I'll do that or close it.....I'm not sure how to incorporate the green AmEx into my cc lineup so it would benefit me.

I don't need the Delta, but I applied to get in with Amex....silly me. I have the Venture and I'm very happy with the rewards program. Im going to call Monday to cancel the delta app and push the ED through. Wish me luck!

I see almost no reason to get the Green when the PRG has the same underwriting criteria and much better benefits even with the AF.  And never PC the Green to the PRG.  You'll lose out on the bonus offered which can be quite a lot.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

It depends. I have green and delta as well. For me. It's a long long term relationship. You do get member benefits. But for me. Mostly. I keeps me hones from not carrying to big of balances. I whip out the green. Delta is too ez to rack up balance. So in short. Green is equalizer. In my case. Ymmv. 

I have the gold which is not much different from the green but it is my main card for the reason that it is a charge card and keeps me in check. If i didnt have the gold, i personally would still keep the green bc its a charge card, has ancillary benefits such as purchase and warranty protection, MR and known for great CS. Also, the green has the lowest AF among the charge cards and stil looks nice.

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, I wish I would have come to the forum before going all app crazy. Smiley Sad I didn't think I would qualify with my stats, but I guess Amex has seen that I've really turned my financial situation around on top of my new awesome salary.

Maybe I should call and cancel both apps on Monday?! Idk. Seems like I should get the PRG and ED for now. I like my Quicksilver and my Venture so I don't need the BCE or Delta.... I wonder if they'll do that so recently after applying or if they'll make me do another app. 😲
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh, I wish I would have come to the forum before going all app crazy. Smiley Sad I didn't think I would qualify with my stats, but I guess Amex has seen that I've really turned my financial situation around on top of my new awesome salary.

Maybe I should call and cancel both apps on Monday?! Idk. Seems like I should get the PRG and ED for now. I like my Quicksilver and my Venture so I don't need the BCE or Delta.... I wonder if they'll do that so recently after applying or if they'll make me do another app. 😲

You need to wait at least 3 months before trying for any more Amex cards.  They'll want to see use on the two you already have and try to get your scores up some.

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm going to cancel the Delta (I was instantly approved) and push the through the ED app I already did since it's in review (I applied for three cards yesterday.) As far as the Green......idk. Maybe I'll wait those 3 months to apply for the PRG since the PC to the PRG isn't worth it.....then I can cancel the green before the annual fee is due. Hopefully, I won't lose the points....
Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to cancel the Delta (I was instantly approved) and push the through the ED app I already did since it's in review (I applied for three cards yesterday.) As far as the Green......idk. Maybe I'll wait those 3 months to apply for the PRG since the PC to the PRG isn't worth it.....then I can cancel the green before the annual fee is due. Hopefully, I won't lose the points....

Really no reason to cancel the Delta now.  It's going to report  on your credit report regardless if you cancel it or not.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose? It was one inquiry so I'm not worried. I just want the ED card. If Amex won't give it to me because I just signed up for another revolver then I'll cancel the delta to get the ED. I appreciate the info!
Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I suppose? It was one inquiry so I'm not worried. I just want the ED card. If Amex won't give it to me because I just signed up for another revolver then I'll cancel the delta to get the ED. I appreciate the info!

I wouldn't assume if I were you that it's just as easy to cancel the Delta and Amex will give you the ED.    Doesn't always work like that.

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not going to make a decision based on an assumption. I'm going to ask the rep their thoughts and what not.....

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.