Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green Charge Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green Charge Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not going to make a decision based on an assumption. I'm going to ask the rep their thoughts and what not.....

Well asking an Amex rep to make a decision like that is not a smart move.  They are not very knowledgable and can not tell you what the underwriters will do.  Nevertheless your decision.

Message 21 of 41
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not going to make a decision based on an assumption. I'm going to ask the rep their thoughts and what not.....

Well asking an Amex rep to make a decision like that is not a smart move.  They are not very knowledgable and can not tell you what the underwriters will do.  Nevertheless your decision.

I guess he could go to the pending app site and see what the progress currently is. 

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess he could go to the pending app site and see what the progress currently is. 

No doubt and he should.  All I'm trying to say is that if he's declined, for him to close the already approved Delta card in the hopes that they will all of a sudden approve the ED card isn't the best way to approach this.

Message 23 of 41
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No doubt and he should.  All I'm trying to say is that if he's declined, for him to close the already approved Delta card in the hopes that they will all of a sudden approve the ED card isn't the best way to approach this.

In total agreement. Lol. He needs to take the collective experience from my fico members to understand. Once you are in door. Down the road. You can get any amex. Check status. And move fowRd. Buts c losing one does  not mean approval for another. 

Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

She.....   I completely understand closing an account does not GUARANTEE acceptance for another. Nonetheless, since I already applied for 3 cards in a short amount of time, I will ask American Express if they can work with me in obtaining the card I actually want. Basically, I want to know what is possible.....

Message 26 of 41
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

She.....   I completely understand closing an account does not GUARANTEE acceptance for another. Nonetheless, since I already applied for 3 cards in a short amount of time, I will ask American Express if they can work with me in obtaining the card I actually want. Basically, I want to know what is possible.....

This is understood. I put link to check status. If it says pending still. Call them up. See if you can withdraw other card. And get what you want. I'm sure they can help. 

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm anxiously waiting to see what the customer service department I've heard so much about can do for me.

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Irish80, I'm not sure of your purpose/intention on my post. I've been provided with great feedback by many people. If you want to give advice, be specific and give it. Otherwise, I don't appreciate the attempt at wit. I am going to wait until a decision is reached on the ED. If the application is denied, I'll call the EO to determine whether closing the other revolver account would make a difference or not. Thank you for posting.

Woah there.  I gave you advice and you clearly are intent on doing what you want which is fine. i said not to close the Delta card which was pretty specific.  There was no intent at wit.  Amex CSRs are not very knowledgeable. That is not wit, it's the truth. You already have two Amex cards that you apparently don't want so,,,,

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in getting the ED card.

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You definitely did at the beginning, but after the "don't assume" comment it seemed to have taken a left. I wasn't intent on what I was doing until I got feedback from everyone. I apologize if I misinterpreted your comments. I have not dealt with the EO for Amex, yet, but I've dealt with the EO for Capital One and my results have always been favorable. Yeah, I got caught up in getting in and now that I'm in with Amex I'm questioning if I made the right entrance LOL But I don't intend on closing either card unless having them both is the reason for not getting the ED and closing one would help. Thanks for the insight.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.