Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green Due Dates

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Amex Green Due Dates

So I called AmEx to find out when my next due date would be (my current cycle ends Jun 3) and the rep told me that the next due date would Jul 3.  I asked well how can that be since my next billing cycle should end around that date.  She told me that I have a month to pay my balance.  Is that true?!?  

I'm confused because I always see a due date when my cycles ends and I'm 100% sure that it is not a month later.

Message Edited by sammyfire2001 on 05-29-2009 06:26 AM
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green Due Dates

Any reason why you dont manage you account online? There are all datails about the billing cycle and due date.

Our billing cycle ended 05/23 and the due date is about 2 weeks later.

Message Edited by Buckzball on 05-29-2009 06:42 AM
Message 2 of 11
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any reason why you dont manage you account online? There are all datails about the billing cycle and due date.

Our billing cycle ended 05/23 and the due date is about 2 weeks later.

Message Edited by Buckzball on 05-29-2009 06:42 AM

I do manage my account online. That's how I know when my due date normally falls.  The website doesn't show you your due date until your cycle ends.  I wanted to know my next due date and that's why I called.

Message Edited by sammyfire2001 on 05-29-2009 06:46 AM
Message 3 of 11
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

I just called back for clarification.  It seems that the due date that you see online is only the suggested due date but you always 30 days to pay your full balance.  I had no idea!!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggest due date? I have no clue. Just downloaded a pdf of the my last statement and there is clearly written "Make payment by x.y" So I guess they gave you wrong information. I setup automatic payment from my checking so I have not to deal with any due dates and late payments.
Message 5 of 11
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Suggest due date? I have no clue. Just downloaded a pdf of the my last statement and there is clearly written "Make payment by x.y" So I guess they gave you wrong information. I setup automatic payment from my checking so I have not to deal with any due dates and late payments.

I would have thought they gave me erroneous information but both CSRs told me the same thing.  I doubt both CSRs would make the same mistake.

Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I was told that last Mar (08), when I got my Gold card.

I thanked them politely and ignored it. No way I'm taking that bait.

Although maybe that is somehow related to the way they update your balances four weeks after the statement?? Doesn't make sense, though; that's two different dates (statement date and due date.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

Best way to handle is to check your online account at least every other day and when the new statement drops, make the minimum online payment.  If you dont want anything to report, make the pay the full payment before the statement drops.

Do not trust anything a CSR says about due dates until you see it on the next statement.

Nothing is worse than a late payment when you had the money to pay it on time.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HAHA 30 days to pay bill, please these days I'm lucky to get 2 days without Amex shutting off charges until bill is paid. They are super scared these days.

Message 9 of 11
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

I have been paying my amex bills for twenty-seven years. The due date listed for the revolving cards is the date by which your payment must post.

On the other hand......the due date for your charge cards is the day before your next statement cuts.( the date under the statement column )  (the due date under the balance online is indeed a suggested date, and you do have a month)

Btw..........many years ago, I made the same calls you did and found it hard to believe that they would post a date that in effect meant nothing. Well they do. There is a bigger bomb shell here that I have never seen on this forum therefore I will not be the one to print it, but they are far more flexible about payment than you could imagine.( no interest involved)

If I am wrong.........I have been so for twenty-seven years and amex has never caught it.

Don't worry, the proof is in the maintenance of "YOUR" account, not in someone else's paranoia.

CI

@sammyfire2001 wrote:
I just called back for clarification.  It seems that the due date that you see online is only the suggested due date but you always 30 days to pay your full balance.  I had no idea!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.