Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green or BCE?

tag
ccnewb23
Contributor

Amex Green or BCE?

I recently got approved for Amex BCE. I had an Amex Green charge card to start out with. Is there a point to still keep this card or keep using this card? It doesn't add to my overall credit but adds AAoA at $90 per year. Any advice?

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Green or BCE?

Only benefit you get from an amex (or any) charge card, is that any balance isn't added into your utilization (provided the lender doesnt use a 98 score). Other than that there isn't really a benefit. Unlike the prg the green only earns 1 pt per dollar.
Message 2 of 3
littlelottie
Valued Member

Re: Amex Green or BCE?

@ccnewb23 wrote:

I recently got approved for Amex BCE. I had an Amex Green charge card to start out with. Is there a point to still keep this card or keep using this card? It doesn't add to my overall credit but adds AAoA at $90 per year. Any advice?

If it's not providing you any benefit I would close it or maybe PC it to another charge card that's fits what you need. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.