Contributor
ccnewb23

Amex Green or BCE?

I recently got approved for Amex BCE. I had an Amex Green charge card to start out with. Is there a point to still keep this card or keep using this card? It doesn't add to my overall credit but adds AAoA at $90 per year. Any advice?

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Amex Green or BCE?

Only benefit you get from an amex (or any) charge card, is that any balance isn't added into your utilization (provided the lender doesnt use a 98 score). Other than that there isn't really a benefit. Unlike the prg the green only earns 1 pt per dollar.
Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Valued Member
littlelottie

Re: Amex Green or BCE?

ccnewb23 wrote:

I recently got approved for Amex BCE. I had an Amex Green charge card to start out with. Is there a point to still keep this card or keep using this card? It doesn't add to my overall credit but adds AAoA at $90 per year. Any advice?

If it's not providing you any benefit I would close it or maybe PC it to another charge card that's fits what you need. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+