cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green to Amex Platinum - Product Change Bonus???

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Green to Amex Platinum - Product Change Bonus???

Congrats on the approval MB approval.  

I personally recoup my Green Card's annual fee + more by taking advantage of the Amex Offers. If that's not something you'd see yourself taking advantage of then definitely close it. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

I personally recoup my Green Card's annual fee + more by taking advantage of the Amex Offers. If that's not something you'd see yourself taking advantage of then definitely close it. 

That's a great point. For me, you may have given me a reason to keep my PRG for another year (when factoring in travel credit and 2x on restaurants), depending on what happens with Costco/TE. OP has a green and PRG too, I still see more value in the PRG, no matter how nostalgic one is for the green card. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

Yes, I really like and use AMEX offers as well.  Unforunately, I do not see the benefit in paying 3 annual fees when I can just use my MB Platinum Card now and earn the same rewards.  I also have the PRG and the EveryDay CC so.... I think closing it is best.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this $475 MB plat charge card come with all the other platinum benfits? Looks like it does?  What are the differences with the regular Plat

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this $475 MB plat charge card come with all the other platinum benfits? Looks like it does?  What are the differences with the regular Plat

Yes, the MB Platinum Card comes with the same benefits with some added 'perks'.  You get 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you charge $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first three months of Card Membership as opposed to 40,000 MR points with the regular Platinum unless you are targeted with a higher offer. 

You also receive a $1000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases, good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.

You can also get up to 2,000 excess miles waived at lease-end on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.

And you get a $100 certificate at renewal of your Card account, good toward Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories.

The Annual fee for the MB Platinum card is $475.  I do not mind paying $25 more for 10,000 MR Points! 

I currently drive BMW, so I do not mind the German Luxury branding of this card.  Who knows... maybe I will go with Mercedes-Benz in the future... Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the MB Platinum Card comes with the same benefits with some added 'perks'.  You get 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you charge $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first three months of Card Membership as opposed to 40,000 MR points with the regular Platinum unless you are targeted with a higher offer. 

You also receive a $1000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases, good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz.

You can also get up to 2,000 excess miles waived at lease-end on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.

And you get a $100 certificate at renewal of your Card account, good toward Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories.

The Annual fee for the MB Platinum card is $475.  I do not mind paying $25 more for 10,000 MR Points! 

I currently drive BMW, so I do not mind the German Luxury branding of this card.  Who knows... maybe I will go with Mercedes-Benz in the future... Smiley Happy

wait a minute... what????  how many 1k certs can you use at a time???????  Thats like an extra 20 percent off not to mention the amex true car pricing....I wondered if the 5 points per dollar spent towards certain mb stuff could be a down payment? or is it only for oem accessories?????  I wouldnt mind getting a sick deal on a lease!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

wait a minute... what????  how many 1k certs can you use at a time???????  Thats like an extra 20 percent off not to mention the amex true car pricing....I wondered if the 5 points per dollar spent towards certain mb stuff could be a down payment? or is it only for oem accessories?????  I wouldnt mind getting a sick deal on a lease!

Personally, I will utilize these added perks - to some degree.  Per the benefit terms... only 1 certificate can be used toward the purchase or lease of a Mercedes-Benz, and they expire within one year of the issue date - issued to the Basic Card Member.  The $100.00 certificate cannot be redeemed online, but only at a dealership and it can not be used for parts or service.  In essence, these perks are more for lifestyle accessories than for vehicle parts/service, and I am completely fine with that.  I like the branding of the card.  What adds more luxury than the Mercedes-Benz co-branding?  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.