Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Amex Green

Is it okay to let amex green report balance plus 1 more cc report balance for possible highest fico score ????

I can paid it off now but i have other card to paid too. I wanna test out and see how much my score had increase with different method credit card report balance . Anyone had test this method please let me know.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Green

Amex will be ignored for utilization purposes except on TU98. It will still factor into number of accounts with balances though.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

What about Fico score ???? are they going to affect it ??

Message 3 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Not from a utilization standpoint except on TU98. Yes from an accounts with balances standpoint. The latter is a minor effect. No one is going to be able to tell you precisely how much of an effect without a lot more info and then they would still be mostly guessing.

Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)

Message 4 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Well im asking base on experience from other ppl.

I know most of us here already try to test out most of the medthod how to get a possible fico score and i wannt try to see what my best option there.

Thanks for you time thou.

Message 5 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Perhaps I am not understanding your question. You want to add another account with a balance. That is generally a bad thing though its pretty minor and depending on the number of accounts you have reporting, may make no difference. As far as utilization goes, you're increasing it for TU98 but leaving it the same for other scoring versions. On the whole, this is likely to have little to no effect, but any effect will be mostly negative. TU98 is the exception. Depending on the change in utilization, you could see a larger decrease there.

Message 6 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Is it okay to let a balance report with my Amex Green ? Since its a charge card, is it okay to let them report without worry it to affect my Fico score ??

I plan to follow all the experts here and let one card report and the rest report 0 balance but i dont know i should let my Green Amex report and 1 more CC report balance .....under 9% thou......

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:

Is it okay to let a balance report with my Amex Green ? Since its a charge card, is it okay to let them report without worry it to affect my Fico score ??

I plan to follow all the experts here and let one card report and the rest report 0 balance but i dont know i should let my Green Amex report and 1 more CC report balance .....under 9% thou......

Walt succintly explained it:

FICO '98: the balanace on an Amex charge card is counted for revolving utilization, and it is another card with balance under the algorithm.

FICO '04/08: the balance on an Amex charge card is not counted for revolving utilization, but is still another card with balance under the algorithm.

End of the day you should test it youself, and most users report that it's less than 1/2 of cards reporting a balance, as such Amex + 1 CC if you have 5 cards may not make a difference than simply letting 1 CC report, but as with anything credit related YMMV.

I simply leave a balance on my Amex and pay everything else to zero and appears to be fine for me.

        
Message 8 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

thank revele

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.