Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Amex Green

My financee got an offer for amex green today in the mail. She has never had one before so I think she is going to go for it. Question I have is I have had a amex green in the past but i closed it before I fully understood credit. Now if she is accepted will amex back date my authorized user card to my original member date? and leave hers the at the current date she applies or will both of us have my original open date?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TVP125
New Contributor

Re: Amex Green

I am not 100% sure but I would guess no since it will be primarily based upon her member since date because the overall account is in her name. I could be wrong lets see if an Amex expert comments. 

Thank You!
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Green

@svtthis wrote:

My financee got an offer for amex green today in the mail. She has never had one before so I think she is going to go for it. Question I have is I have had a amex green in the past but i closed it before I fully understood credit. Now if she is accepted will amex back date my authorized user card to my original member date? and leave hers the at the current date she applies or will both of us have my original open date?

Your MSD will be backdated but not on your CR's since you are only the ACM. Your GF MSD will be 2014 if she's Bever been an Amex cardmember. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.