Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gurus: Paying American Express

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Gurus: Paying American Express

It depends on whether your bank has an electronic relationship with Amex or whether they will have to issue a paper check.  Electronic transfers that are "pushed" usually appear the next day on my bank account and one or two business days on the recipients.  If they have to issue a paper check it will be several days longer.  If you look in the "bill pay" section of your bank account, you should see whether Amex is electronic or manual (paper check).

Hope this helps.

IMA

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

I know this is an old link but I have another question regarding Amex "PUSH" payment method.....

I just received my Amex CC and have spent about $1500 on the CC so far. From what I've read, I can't pay at american website til after the 1st payment cut. I've decided to "PUSH" the paymeht in the amount of $1500 from my bank account to Amex. I guess the question I have is....how soon will the payment be posted to Amex once they received the electronic check.

For example, I push the payment  on 6/17/2011 and my bank stated Amex will received the payment by 6/21/2011. Any idea when will the payment be credit to my Amex account? 2 business days? 5 business days?

Thanks in advance.........

Depends on your bank and how they send the payment to Amex. I have USAA and usually it posts the day that USAA states (they send electronic payments). Which bank do you use? and do they send payments electronically or via check?

Message 22 of 25
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I have a Wells Fargo checking and noticed that the payment sent is "eBill" to be deliver by 6/22/2011. I am hoping that once Amex received the "eBill" as a form of payment, they are going to credit my account within 2 business days. Are my assumptions correct?

Thanks in advance.....

Message 23 of 25
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

The account should be credited the day they receive the electronic payment.  It may not show up however, for 24 - 48 hrs. on you Amex account.  If you are concerned, call Amex on the 22nd and confirm that the payment has been received and will be posted on that day.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

USAA had an offer on my online account that if I did 5 non-USAA billpays, they'd credit me $50. I made two on Saturday (to AmEx and BofA), and it specifically said that they would not be credited/ received OR deducted from my account until tomorrow. Smiley Tongue Both banks appeared on a list of possible accounts, so I think that they do have a "relationship", or that at any rate, they don't have to cut a paper check.

When I pay on AmEx or BofA's sites, it's credited immediately, depending on the time of day.

I rarely push my payments from my outside bank because of this, since I like to pay before the statement drops. The lag time makes it too easy for something else to pop up. But as a one-time tactic for a new account, it can help keep a whopping balance posting.

However, this may well differ with other banks.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.