Frequent Contributor
oneloveforall_2000

Re: Amex HELP HELp!!! They just lowered my credit limit after decreasing my apr to 7.9%

They did it, I didn't ask them.. by the way I closed that card, I have way too many cc to waste my time with amex.. I don't need them!!
Valued Member
JeffWeico

Re: Amex HELP HELp!!! They just lowered my credit limit after decreasing my apr to 7.9%

Many credit card companies are doing this. It is part of the credit cruch we are experiencing.

The credit card companies are afraid that people will get into trouble and will use their available credit for day to day expenses and then default.

AMEX stated last month that 50% of their customers would experience declines in their credit limits. Of course, how they choose who gets a decrease, they did not say.

To see more about this, just go to Google and click NEWS, then type in CREDIT LIMIT DECREASE. There should be lots of stories for you to look at.

Many homeowners who had home equity lines of credit also saw decreases in their credit limits, or outright closure of their accounts.

I have also seen stories about auto dealers hurting because they cannot get loans for their customers, so they cannot sell cars.

A year ago, a 650 credit score may have been acceptable to a lot of lenders, but now many of them want to see scores of 720+.

I have hope that things will get better, but at least for now, the days of easy credit appear to be over.

Less is the new more. 720 is the new 650. 20% down is the new 10% down.

Jeff

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}