Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex HHonors Rewards Question

tag
jamlovesgrapes
Established Member

Amex HHonors Rewards Question

My sister wants to get a Amex HHonors card but wants to use my Hilton HHonors account to accumulate points because we travel together all the time. I was wondering when she applies she can just use my Hilton HHonors number or the account has to match her name. Same for the Citi HHonors Visa Signature as well.

JP Morgan Select 5K, CSP 5K, JP Morgan Ritz Carlton 5K, Southwest Premier 5K, Marriott Premier 5K, Chase Freedom 1.5K, Chase Ink Bold, Citi Hilton Reserve 7K, Citi Hilton Visa Signature 5K, Citi AA Platinum World MC 5K, Citi TY Preferred 5.75K, Discover IT 2.5K, BOA BankAmericard Travel 5K, BOA BankAmericard Cash 15K, Cap1 Cash Rewards 5K, PayPal Extras MC 4.4K, AMEX Blue Sky AU 11K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex HHonors Rewards Question

@jamlovesgrapes wrote:

My sister wants to get a Amex HHonors card but wants to use my Hilton HHonors account to accumulate points because we travel together all the time. I was wondering when she applies she can just use my Hilton HHonors number or the account has to match her name. Same for the Citi HHonors Visa Signature as well.

She might be able to put in your number, but most likely the names have to match.

Instead, if you trust her enough. You could open an account and add her as an AU. She could just pay the bill. If you don't have an AMEX already, this would lock in your 2012 membership. Also, the no AF AMEX HHonors is giving a 65k bonus right now.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 3
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex HHonors Rewards Question

If neither of you has any major purchases coming up, and you don't mind applying for a few cards, you can accumulate quite a bit of Hhonors points by applying for several of their products.  You can get both Amex cards, and both the mastercard and visa version of the citi cards and qualify for all of the bonuses.

I don't think she can get a credit card and have the points deposited into your account.  But I'm pretty sure you can book rewards for other people, so she could book you a room or vice versa.  I know I can do that with Marriott and Starwood, I've just never tried it with my Hhonors account. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.