Amex Hilton Honors Apr Reduction Again 6/30 Update

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Hilton Honors Apr Reduction Again 6/26 Update

@baller4life wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
  • Since I am trying to be a good lil baller and remain in the garden the rest of the year, I decided to spend time on reducing apr on a few cards. First up was Amex HHonors. On 3/16 I hopped on chat and received a reduction from 19.49% to 18.24%. And tonight I got on chat again and went from 18.24% to 13.49%. Smiley Very Happy I haven't used this card in several months. But, hey the apr reduction tickled my fancy. So that works for now! Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

So all you Amex cardholders fire up those chat sessions and get those aprs lowered!Smiley Wink

I can never resist baller's ideas.

I did it.

Got a 1% reduction Smiley Happy

Good job SJ. Keep till you get that bad boy under 7% Smiley Tongue

I think I'm going to retire from the APR reduction game. It ain't worth the time to get a 1% reduction on a card I'd never in a million years pay interest on anyway Smiley Happy

They don't seem to like me much anyway, I don't have baller's persuasive skills Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 31 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on chipping away at the APR to get that baby down lower Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
  • Since I am trying to be a good lil baller and remain in the garden the rest of the year, I decided to spend time on reducing apr on a few cards. First up was Amex HHonors. On 3/16 I hopped on chat and received a reduction from 19.49% to 18.24%. And tonight I got on chat again and went from 18.24% to 13.49%. Smiley Very Happy I haven't used this card in several months. But, hey the apr reduction tickled my fancy. So that works for now! Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

So all you Amex cardholders fire up those chat sessions and get those aprs lowered!Smiley Wink

I can never resist baller's ideas.

I did it.

Got a 1% reduction Smiley Happy

Good job SJ. Keep till you get that bad boy under 7% Smiley Tongue

I think I'm going to retire from the APR reduction game. It ain't worth the time to get a 1% reduction on a card I'd never in a million years pay interest on anyway Smiley Happy

They don't seem to like me much anyway, I don't have baller's persuasive skills Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy I haven't used mines in MONTHS. But, that's about to change. I'm about to wear out that 5X restaurants,groceries and gas out! Want to build up hotel points for next year's travels. 

Message 33 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats! on chipping away at the APR to get that baby down lower Smiley Wink

Thanks Magic! Every little bit helps. Keeps my app itch at bay! LOL

Message 34 of 62
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

UPDATE 6/26/16: Got it lowered from 13.49% to 11.49%.

LOL Congrats on the dual reductions! One question I have.....folks who have high util, and considering their profile is decent, are they as successful with APR reduction approvals? I speak to many folks who are not even aware that they can make an APR reduction request. It might be helpful for me to know if high util will not work in their favor before I recommend such.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 35 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

UPDATE 6/26/16: Got it lowered from 13.49% to 11.49%.

LOL Congrats on the dual reductions! One question I have.....folks who have high util, and considering their profile is decent, are they as successful with APR reduction approvals? I speak to many folks who are not even aware that they can make an APR reduction request. It might be helpful for me to know if high util will not work in their favor before I recommend such.

Well depends on how high. They base it on their last sp of your EX and internal score. So it's really hard to make a generalization. Nothing to lose in asking though. It's not a hp. Worse they can do is say no. But, I feel it's definitely worth a shot. They are really good about reducing apr.

Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Hilton Honors Apr Reduction Again 6/26 Update

How long should you have your card before AMEX will consider APR reduction?
Message 37 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At activation 😀

Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At activation 😀

Lol, I have my 3xCLI on Wednesday...maybe I should try then.

Message 39 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At activation 😀

So true!

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.