Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hulu Offer?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Amex Hulu Offer?

The offer states spend $25 and get $25 back as a statement credit. They say old and new users are elegible and I am currently paying $11.99 for Hulu with no ads. The thing is I have no clue how to spend $25 in a month or how to redeem this because it goes to a website directly and doesnt say anything if i am already logged in. Anybody else got this offer and used it?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Hulu Offer?

Saw this offer as well.. Might jump on it..  You have to spend $25 by a certain month forgot it off top of head, but should be easy enough to do and a free hulu test drive it appears.

Message 2 of 22
wachme
Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

The offer states spend $25 and get $25 back as a statement credit. They say old and new users are elegible and I am currently paying $11.99 for Hulu with no ads. The thing is I have no clue how to spend $25 in a month or how to redeem this because it goes to a website directly and doesnt say anything if i am already logged in. Anybody else got this offer and used it?

Just add the amex offer on the card and bill your Hulu monthly to it. No need to use a certain link. 

Once you accumulate $25 in billing, the offer will max out. Offer is good until 2/17. I added on 2 of my Amex cards so i'll be enjoying free Hulu for the next 6 months.

Message 3 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Saw this offer as well.. Might jump on it..  You have to spend $25 by a certain month forgot it off top of head, but should be easy enough to do and a free hulu test drive it appears.

I been paying for Hulu for a while .... but the thing is there is no way to pay $25 on their services in one month ...

$7.99 for the base plan

$4.00 for the No ads

$8.99 for showtime add-on

------------------------------------

$20.98

Also I would get a free month of showtime before I even pay that $20.98

I also don't get charged sales tax on Hulu. Thing is as i said IDK how to come up with $25 in charges lol Would save me a month's payment of Hulu Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 4 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@wachme wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Just add the amex offer on the card and bill your Hulu monthly to it. No need to use a certain link. 

Once you accumulate $25 in billing, the offer will max out. Offer is good until 2/17. I added on 2 of my Amex cards so i'll be enjoying free Hulu for the next 6 months.

really? I always thought it had to be in one billing period. Going to move my Amex Hilton to my Hulu account than since I currently using my Citi Premier card.

Message 5 of 22
wachme
Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@wachme wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

really? I always thought it had to be in one billing period. Going to move my Amex Hilton to my Hulu account than since I currently using my Citi Premier card.

The great thing about most Amex offers is that you don't have to charge the whole amount in one transaction. You can do multiple transactions until you hit the threshold.

Message 6 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@wachme wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@wachme wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

The great thing about most Amex offers is that you don't have to charge the whole amount in one transaction. You can do multiple transactions until you hit the threshold.

Didn't know that! Thanks Smiley Happy

The few offers I used I always happen to spend it all at once so i never bothered to ask before.

Message 7 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm about to go see if I have the Hulu offer as well, but I'll add that the last time there was an Amex Offer for Hulu I bought myself a Hulu gift card to make the spend requirement, then added the gift card to my own account.

Crossing my fingers that I have the offer on my cards... Smiley Happy

Edited to add:  Just read that Hulu no longers sells gift cards/codes on their own web site.

Message 8 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

I'm about to go see if I have the Hulu offer as well, but I'll add that the last time there was an Amex Offer for Hulu I bought myself a Hulu gift card to make the spend requirement, then added the gift card to my own account.

Crossing my fingers that I have the offer on my cards... Smiley Happy

Good idea if that works... Would be more inclined to use that method vs several months lol

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think all the offers end 2/7/17  Which kinda sucks because the bill date for each month is on the 5th. I ended up getting this on multiple cards, so I basically get 6 or 7 months of hulu free!  I went ahead and upgraded to the commercial free version since I had so many offers! And set up calendar reminders to change the card every other month.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.