Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Income/FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Income/FR

Hello all,

I applied for Amex Green card the other day. I have about 3mo history. I got a pretty good job a few months back in May making about 80k/yr as an in house developer for a company. I put on my application 55k/yr cause i make 53k gross plus some from investments. I hit apply and it came back with a dreaded FR. I called in and told them that I have never filed taxes (which is true. this is the first time i made over 5k/yr). they said I can send pay stubs instead, which I have no problem with. However, I'm worried that I might quit soon. My questions are:

1: do I have good chances of getting approved if theyre going through all this?

2: if i do get approved and wind up quitting down the road and get a different job, how would I tell amex about the difference in income BEFORE they do another FR? I dont want to lose it if i get it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Income/FR

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I applied for Amex Green card the other day. I have about 3mo history. I got a pretty good job a few months back in May making about 80k/yr as an in house developer for a company. I put on my application 55k/yr cause i make 53k gross plus some from investments. I hit apply and it came back with a dreaded FR. I called in and told them that I have never filed taxes (which is true. this is the first time i made over 5k/yr). they said I can send pay stubs instead, which I have no problem with. However, I'm worried that I might quit soon. My questions are:

2: if i do get approved and wind up quitting down the road and get a different job, how would I tell amex about the difference in income BEFORE they do another FR? I dont want to lose it if i get it.

submit the documents, deal with the future issues when they happen, You can inform AMEX of your increased income if you like, I have found once you have passed the level of average income, you don't need to report all your income, that way if curcumstances change, and your actual income doesn't live up to income you were promised no one is going to complain.  I currently make 100+k a year, but report only 80k... Unless you are planing to put 100% of your spend on cards creditors won't notice the difference. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

My first question is why are you even applying for an amex green card when you could get something like the PRG which has no AF the first year etc. In this situation if you told them the truth I would just send the stuff in. Don't tell them if your income changes later, unless you are applying for something new etc. The reason I recommend to send the stuff in is because if it matches what you put on your app then amex should approve you, otherwise what was the point of them even asking for the stuff if they knew they will deny you anyway. Being your file is so thin the fact you have a chance to get in with amex now is outstanding. You can take advantage of backdating down the line. Your being truthful with amex, so the worst they can say is no. I don't think they will FR you again unless you start getting silly with your credit report by doing things like showing too much util or carrying balances, etc. Also, after being a member with amex for awhile they will become more comfortable with you, which should help for future amex apps. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 8
IWOL
Established Contributor

That dosent sound like an FR, just an income verification.

Im confused about your post....you said your job pays 80K but you gross is 53K....did you mean your net pay?

When you apply for a card they ask for your gross pay which woudl be 80K, not your net pay after taxes.

Anyways, if you end up quiting your job you can call them to change your income but they may cut your limit or close your card at that time.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

submit the documents, deal with the future issues when they happen, You can inform AMEX of your increased income if you like, I have found once you have passed the level of average income, you don't need to report all your income, that way if curcumstances change, and your actual income doesn't live up to income you were promised no one is going to complain.  I currently make 100+k a year, but report only 80k... Unless you are planing to put 100% of your spend on cards creditors won't notice the difference. 

Thanks. What about my first question? Does this mean I have a good chance of approval since they didnt flat out deny me?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. Thanks for the help guys.really looking forward to my first NPSL card.

Message 6 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Thanks. What about my first question? Does this mean I have a good chance of approval since they didnt flat out deny me?

Yes if they are doing all this, and your check stubs match or exceed your reported income, you are good to go.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 8
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

Anyways, if you end up quiting your job you can call them to change your income but they may cut your limit or close your card at that time.

PSA: The operative word being "can." The consumer is under no obligation to update a change in income with creditors. Creditors can request this information (or in Amex's case, demand it) but the consumer is not compelled to provide this info Smiley Happy

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.