Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Income Verification

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Income Verification

@DomLS3 wrote:

I wanted to post an update to this in case anyone might have been in a similar situation. I called AMEX back today and requested to change the initial CLI increase from $45,000 down to $25,000 as suggested by members on this thread and was instantly approved without the need of any forms or verification. Score!

awesome.. Smart move imo.

Message 31 of 35
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Another perk: I decided to do another CLI on my Citi Diamond Preferred card online, and they instant approved me for an additional $5,500!!! (98% limit increase since my previous limit was $5,600) so now that card is at $11,100.00).

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 32 of 35
NY2014
Established Contributor

Way to go 😏. I think your now going on the right track You wanted a CLI $45k and you Just got and Increase 11k, so without putting yourself to much exposure with one Creditor you increased your utili aprox 20k without the stress correct .. 😁. Now do yourself a favor. Go and garden with those puppies, for 6 months or so ok .. 😛
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 33 of 35
sjt
Senior Contributor

@DomLS3 wrote:

Well, the amount I told them I make yearly will not match what my last year's tax return says because I've received an increase in salary for this year.

Last year's tax return will show just over $60,000, and I've been increased this year to right at $70,000 which is the amount I gave the rep on the phone which required her to have me fill out the form. If my previous year's tax return doesn't match the number I gave her on the phone (even though the number I gave her on the phone is correct for THIS year) will there be a problem?

It should be fine. You can offer to send them a pay stub, if need be.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 34 of 35
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Agree with most on this thread it was a smart move to only request 25k. Not because you qualify for a certain increase doesn't mean you have to go for it. I applied for a CLI with AMEX a few months ago but didn't go with the 3x. I asked for slightly under since I know I only put a few hundred dollars on it every month. There was no need for me to have the full 3x CLI, if now I start putting more charges on it then I ll ask for another increase when I qualify. 

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.