Super Contributor
concorduser

Amex Inq's

Did any one try asking Amex to remove the hard inq's on your EX Report? I am trying to cleanup my report. There are 10 hard Inq's on my EX by Amex. I guess when I was young and foolish I have applied for Amex Card relentlessly. Do you think I would have any luck in asking Amex to either remove these inq's or turn them into soft inq's?
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Re: Amex Inq's

concorduser wrote:
Did any one try asking Amex to remove the hard inq's on your EX Report? I am trying to cleanup my report. There are 10 hard Inq's on my EX by Amex. I guess when I was young and foolish I have applied for Amex Card relentlessly. Do you think I would have any luck in asking Amex to either remove these inq's or turn them into soft inq's?
How old are these INQs, Concord?

ByrdMan wrote:
How old are these INQs, Concord?

I think 4-5 from this year and rest from last year.I have total 72 inq's on my EX for last 24 months. I am hoping if Amex takes out these 10 my total will drop to 62. Do you think Amex would recode them as soft or remove them?

Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Honestly, I don't think that they will. I wish for your sake that they would, but I don't think that they will. I was hoping that your "young and foolish" days were closer to two years ago, so that they would fall off naturally. I would say that if I were in your position, I guess I would try though. I wish you the best, my friend.

**bleep** 72 INQ on 1 CR. How many accounts did you get from all those INQ? That said, I doubt Amex will remove anything so your best bet would be to freeze ex for the near future or in your case freeze all three.

Starting Score: 8/2008 521
Current Score: 734
Highest Ever: 4/2009 759
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Concord has vowed that he is in credit gardening mode, so no need to freeze them, right Concord? :smileyhappy:

ByrdMan wrote:
Concord has vowed that he is in credit gardening mode, so no need to freeze them, right Concord? :smileyhappy:

Yes. You are right. No more apping so no need to freeze accounts. I am trying to clean up the reports. I have few lates and one paid collection. I am trying to get this negatives out.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+