Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Inq's

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Amex Inq's

Did any one try asking Amex to remove the hard inq's on your EX Report? I am trying to cleanup my report. There are 10 hard Inq's on my EX by Amex. I guess when I was young and foolish I have applied for Amex Card relentlessly. Do you think I would have any luck in asking Amex to either remove these inq's or turn them into soft inq's?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Inq's

Honestly, I don't think that they will. I wish for your sake that they would, but I don't think that they will. I was hoping that your "young and foolish" days were closer to two years ago, so that they would fall off naturally. I would say that if I were in your position, I guess I would try though. I wish you the best, my friend.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:
Did any one try asking Amex to remove the hard inq's on your EX Report? I am trying to cleanup my report. There are 10 hard Inq's on my EX by Amex. I guess when I was young and foolish I have applied for Amex Card relentlessly. Do you think I would have any luck in asking Amex to either remove these inq's or turn them into soft inq's?
How old are these INQs, Concord?

Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Junejer wrote:
How old are these INQs, Concord?

I think 4-5 from this year and rest from last year.I have total 72 inq's on my EX for last 24 months. I am hoping if Amex takes out these 10 my total will drop to 62. Do you think Amex would recode them as soft or remove them?

Message 3 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Honestly, I don't think that they will. I wish for your sake that they would, but I don't think that they will. I was hoping that your "young and foolish" days were closer to two years ago, so that they would fall off naturally. I would say that if I were in your position, I guess I would try though. I wish you the best, my friend.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep** 72 INQ on 1 CR. How many accounts did you get from all those INQ? That said, I doubt Amex will remove anything so your best bet would be to freeze ex for the near future or in your case freeze all three.

Message 5 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Concord has vowed that he is in credit gardening mode, so no need to freeze them, right Concord? Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Junejer wrote:
Concord has vowed that he is in credit gardening mode, so no need to freeze them, right Concord? Smiley Happy

Yes. You are right. No more apping so no need to freeze accounts. I am trying to clean up the reports. I have few lates and one paid collection. I am trying to get this negatives out.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.