Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Inq?

tag
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Amex Inq?

The other day I applied for an Amex Blue.  I got the processing notice from them, and was later denied.  However I just got an e-mail from Truecredit and I took an Inq on all three credit reports.  Has this happened to anyone else before with Amex?  I figured I was just taking one hit on Experian, and now I got all 3 Smiley Surprised(
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Inq?

I guess maybe you were borderline so they decided to pull the others. Sorry to hear that.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why were you denied, if you dont mind us asking?
Message 3 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

That is strange. I never heard Amex pulling all 3 CR's. It is new and hearing first time. I know CapOne is normal doing all 3 CR pull.
Message 4 of 13
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

I was denied due to a recent CO (2006).  They said they used Experian in the e-mail they sent me, however TC says:

TU- 

New Inquiry 11/05/2008 AMEX

EX-

New Inquiry 11/06/2008 AMEX

EQ-

New Inquiry 11/06/2008 AMERICAN EXPRESS TRS CO, INC

Hmm..  

Message 5 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, this stinks! Amex pulled EQ and EX everytime I apped with them but 3 hards is nutz!!!!
Message 6 of 13
stoney

The same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I applied online and got a responce about 4 hours later that I was accepted.  They pulled all 3 CRs.
Message 7 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@fused wrote:
Wow, this stinks! Amex pulled EQ and EX everytime I apped with them but 3 hards is nutz!!!!

Sounds like they are getting very, very careful!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@fused wrote:

Sounds like they are getting very, very careful!!

i don't know, it seems more like panic striken at times... maybe they'll join cap1 in that they triple pull as a rule.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I applied for Costco Amex Biz card couple of days ago. I hope they dont pull all 3 CR's. I'll be pissed if they do that.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.