cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - Is 61 Day CLI possible under these circumstances?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Amex - Is 61 Day CLI possible under these circumstances?

Hello All.

I am just wondering if the Amex 61 day CLI would be possible on a new account, under these circumstances.

I have had the Optima Card since 1997. About two weeks ago I requested a CLI and went from $9,500 to $22,500. About a week ago I applied for and was approved for the Everyday card, with a starting CL of $5,000. When I get to day 61 or so on this account I would like to request a 3X CLI, however I wondering if there could be any issue with the fact that the older account just got an increase. Are the accounts looked at separately or would the recent increase come into play or cause an issue?

Thanks to all!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Amex - Is 61 Day CLI possible under these circumstances?

I believe amex only allows one cli every 6 months even if it's different cards
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 6
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I will let the experts address your question, but wanted to say congrats on the approval and CLI!

Message 3 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! The recent CLI comes into play I believe and when approved for CLI you have to wait the 180 days. I maybe wrong on the amount of days to wait though.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats on the CLI! The recent CLI comes into play I believe and when approved for CLI you have to wait the 180 days. I maybe wrong on the amount of days to wait though.

That's correct. It's actually  181 days from last cli. Across all accounts. Even if you just got a new account because although your card is new. You are not a new member. So you will just simply count 181 days from your last cli not from when you got your new card. Hope you got it. 

Message 5 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

61 days for the very first CLI on the very first card, anything after is 181 days and it is limited to 1 card only

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.