cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

Frequent Contributor

Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

I have an Amex Jetblue card.  It was great for several years.  They were the main airline I would fly, and I wound up getting about a free flight every year with the card.  I rarely fly Jetblue nowadays, and I don't like their rewards program as much as their old program, so it's no longer worth the $40 annual fee.

 

I called today to do a product change to the Blue Cash Everyday Card, and I was told that I can't do a product switch from the Jetblue card.  Has anybody been able to accomplish this?  I'm thinking it might be because it's an amex partner card rather than a regular Amex - but maybe I just got an unknowledgeable rep?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?


SanFranMatt wrote:

I have an Amex Jetblue card.  It was great for several years.  They were the main airline I would fly, and I wound up getting about a free flight every year with the card.  I rarely fly Jetblue nowadays, and I don't like their rewards program as much as their old program, so it's no longer worth the $40 annual fee.

 

I called today to do a product change to the Blue Cash Everyday Card, and I was told that I can't do a product switch from the Jetblue card.  Has anybody been able to accomplish this?  I'm thinking it might be because it's an amex partner card rather than a regular Amex - but maybe I just got an unknowledgeable rep?



Did you ask Amex what other cards they have you can PC to?

Message 2 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

The rep said that I can't switch from the Jetblue card to any other amex card.  According to her, they don't allow product changes when you have the Jetblue card.

Message 3 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?


SanFranMatt wrote:

The rep said that I can't switch from the Jetblue card to any other amex card.  According to her, they don't allow product changes when you have the Jetblue card.



If I am not mistaken, you can only PC your Jetblue into the Delta or HHonors or SPG and Vice Versa.

OP can chime in with more information or confirmation.

Message 4 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

My Delta can be PC into the blue's...

Message 5 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

I PC'ed my HIlton HHonors card to the Blue about 3 months ago.  No problems at all.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 6 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

Interesting that the Hilton card is able to be changed.  I spoke with a different rep, and they said that Jetblue is a co-branded card so there are no options.  I'll try back tomorrow to see if I hear anything different, but it's not looking good.

Message 7 of 13
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

Hope I can get a Jet Blue Card. I have been wanting it so bad since I am flying to JetBlue more often lately. I just transferred 50,000 Amex Platinum Points to my TrueBlue account. That entitles me 4 tickets on JetBlue.

Message 8 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

I got a new rep today that said I can change this over to a Costco card.  No annual fee + cash back, so I'll probably go that route.  He wasn't able to do it over the phone though - he said I'd need to go into costco so that I can get my picture taken.  I guess we'll see how that goes!

Message 9 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?


SanFranMatt wrote:

I got a new rep today that said I can change this over to a Costco card.  No annual fee + cash back, so I'll probably go that route.  He wasn't able to do it over the phone though - he said I'd need to go into costco so that I can get my picture taken.  I guess we'll see how that goes!


I went into costco and they looked at me like I had a 2nd head.  I wound up emailing Amex and calling about 5 times, and every time I was told that they can't do a product change on the Jetblue card.  I guess I'll just have to take the AAoA hit and apply for the Blue Cash Everyday card.

Message 10 of 13