Frequent Contributor

Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

I have an Amex Jetblue card.  It was great for several years.  They were the main airline I would fly, and I wound up getting about a free flight every year with the card.  I rarely fly Jetblue nowadays, and I don't like their rewards program as much as their old program, so it's no longer worth the $40 annual fee.

I called today to do a product change to the Blue Cash Everyday Card, and I was told that I can't do a product switch from the Jetblue card.  Has anybody been able to accomplish this?  I'm thinking it might be because it's an amex partner card rather than a regular Amex - but maybe I just got an unknowledgeable rep?

Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Jetblue - Product Change?

SanFranMatt wrote:

I have an Amex Jetblue card.  It was great for several years.  They were the main airline I would fly, and I wound up getting about a free flight every year with the card.  I rarely fly Jetblue nowadays, and I don't like their rewards program as much as their old program, so it's no longer worth the $40 annual fee.

I called today to do a product change to the Blue Cash Everyday Card, and I was told that I can't do a product switch from the Jetblue card.  Has anybody been able to accomplish this?  I'm thinking it might be because it's an amex partner card rather than a regular Amex - but maybe I just got an unknowledgeable rep?

Did you ask Amex what other cards they have you can PC to?

Frequent Contributor

The rep said that I can't switch from the Jetblue card to any other amex card.  According to her, they don't allow product changes when you have the Jetblue card.

Valued Contributor

SanFranMatt wrote:

The rep said that I can't switch from the Jetblue card to any other amex card.  According to her, they don't allow product changes when you have the Jetblue card.

If I am not mistaken, you can only PC your Jetblue into the Delta or HHonors or SPG and Vice Versa.

OP can chime in with more information or confirmation.

Established Contributor

My Delta can be PC into the blue's...

Frequent Contributor

I PC'ed my HIlton HHonors card to the Blue about 3 months ago.  No problems at all.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Arrival Plus WEMC
Frequent Contributor

Interesting that the Hilton card is able to be changed.  I spoke with a different rep, and they said that Jetblue is a co-branded card so there are no options.  I'll try back tomorrow to see if I hear anything different, but it's not looking good.

Super Contributor

Hope I can get a Jet Blue Card. I have been wanting it so bad since I am flying to JetBlue more often lately. I just transferred 50,000 Amex Platinum Points to my TrueBlue account. That entitles me 4 tickets on JetBlue.

Frequent Contributor

I got a new rep today that said I can change this over to a Costco card.  No annual fee + cash back, so I'll probably go that route.  He wasn't able to do it over the phone though - he said I'd need to go into costco so that I can get my picture taken.  I guess we'll see how that goes!

Frequent Contributor

SanFranMatt wrote:

I got a new rep today that said I can change this over to a Costco card.  No annual fee + cash back, so I'll probably go that route.  He wasn't able to do it over the phone though - he said I'd need to go into costco so that I can get my picture taken.  I guess we'll see how that goes!

I went into costco and they looked at me like I had a 2nd head.  I wound up emailing Amex and calling about 5 times, and every time I was told that they can't do a product change on the Jetblue card.  I guess I'll just have to take the AAoA hit and apply for the Blue Cash Everyday card.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.