Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Limits Reallocation

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Amex Limits Reallocation

I have a TrueEarnings Amex card and I wanted to transfer some of the limit to my AmexEveryday. My Everyday is only 2 months old and my Amex is 12 months. Are my accounts elegible to make the transfer?.... I tried the 3xCLI on my everyday but it was declined since I got a CLI on my TEAmex in September

Thank you

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Limits Reallocation

@salek10 wrote:

I have a TrueEarnings Amex card and I wanted to transfer some of the limit to my AmexEveryday. My Everyday is only 2 months old and my Amex is 12 months. Are my accounts elegible to make the transfer?.... I tried the 3xCLI on my everyday but it was declined since I got a CLI on my TEAmex in September

Thank you

you can do it online instantly if you are eligible to do it.

Message 2 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@salek10 wrote:

Thank you

you can do it online instantly if you are eligible to do it.

Yes.

My understanding is, the source CL must be seasoned for about 13 statement periods before it can be moved to another AMEX card.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 18
salek10
Regular Contributor

Ok so I chatted with an Amex Rep and he confirmed that the "FROM" account must be 13 months old and the "TO" account must be 2 months old to succesfully transfer credit limits!!... I was able to transfer my creidt limits today!!!!

AnexChat.JPG

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

Message 4 of 18
onstar
Established Contributor

Hmmmm. That's interesting. Because I was able to transfer CL from my Amex Delta (10 months old) to my Amex SPG (1 week old) via phone yesterday.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 5 of 18
salek10
Regular Contributor

@onstar wrote:

Hmmmm. That's interesting. Because I was able to transfer CL from my Amex Delta (10 months old) to my Amex SPG (1 week old) via phone yesterday.

That's awesome!! they probably liked you more than me lol... Do you use your cards very often?? I hardly used the costco one so Idk maybe if you have more usage on the account they maybe let you do it earlier? 

Message 6 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@salek10 wrote:

@onstar wrote:

That's awesome!! they probably liked you more than me lol... Do you use your cards very often?? I hardly used the costco one so Idk maybe if you have more usage on the account they maybe let you do it earlier? 

Yes, that is unusual (although maybe policies, like the 61 day wait for CLI are loosening).   I've had the "To" card conditoin waived, transferring to a brand new card, but I had heard that the From condition was always enforced.

Message 7 of 18
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@salek10 wrote:

@onstar wrote:

Yes, that is unusual (although maybe policies, like the 61 day wait for CLI are loosening).   I've had the "To" card conditoin waived, transferring to a brand new card, but I had heard that the From condition was always enforced.

I just had my BCE CL (3 years old) transfered to my EDP (a week old) before closing it. It was a 3K CL, and they were only able to transfrer 2.5k, but I guess that's better than nothing. 

FYI, I originally tried to transfer my CL via online chat, and they told me I had to wait 60 days no matter what. I decided to just call customer service and give it another shot. Took 5 mins. No questions asked. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@salek10 wrote:

Thank you

I just got off a chat and I moved $19K, which was all but $500, from my Amex Hilton to my Amex Everyday card. I have a small balance on the current period on the Hilton so I left the $500. I also wanted to keep it open. The Hilton card is several years old but the Everyday card is only 2 weeks old. No problem with the move although they did ask for my income again and may have done a SP.

We used to have a Hilton Club New York timeshare but we sold it last Summer ( and in a strange turn of events we got 4.5x what we paid for it ) so we don't plan on accruing Hilton points anymore.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@salek10 wrote:

Thank you

I just got off a chat and I moved $19K, which was all but $500, from my Amex Hilton to my Amex Everyday card. I have a small balance on the current period on the Hilton so I left the $500. I also wanted to keep it open. The Hilton card is several years old but the Everyday card is only 2 weeks old. No problem with the move although they did ask for my income again and may have done a SP.

We used to have a Hilton Club New York timeshare but we sold it last Summer ( and in a strange turn of events we got 4.5x what we paid for it ) so we don't plan on accruing Hilton points anymore.

4.5x, nice ROI

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.