Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Luv Button Mistake!

tag
Express
Frequent Contributor

Amex Luv Button Mistake!

Have this happen to you?

I think I hit the Amex Luv Button two many times. I was trying for the 3x CLI on my Costco Amex  I hit the button one day before my 6 month date and the day after my 6 month date and got a message stating that  further Information would be neededSmiley Sad and I would be notified by mail within 7 to 10 days.Smiley Mad

Look's like a FR?

CL $408,200
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Luv Button Mistake!

Probably a denial.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Probably a bad idea to have done that. Wait for the mail or you can try calling to find out. The system probably flagged you as risky or for fraud prevention for trying so much.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 16
Express
Frequent Contributor

Because on hitting the button to many time?

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 16
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Express!
Likely not an FR unless when you log in it says your accounts have been suspended for use till you contact the FR Team. I believe you are going to have to submit a form 4506-T to get the CLI or if you don't submit the form, your request will be denied with you keeping the same CL.
Check to see if your accounts are suspended online. If not- then you will just have to decide if you want to submit the 4506-T if I'm correct.
Best of luck on your CLI. .

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 16
Express
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Luv Button Mistake! [ New ]
Hey Express!
Likely not an FR unless when you log in it says your accounts have been suspended for use till you contact the FR Team. I believe you are going to have to submit a form 4506-T to get the CLI or if you don't submit the form, your request will be denied with you keeping the same CL.
Check to see if your accounts are suspended online. If not- then you will just have to decide if you want to submit the 4506-T if I'm correct.
Best of luck on your CLI. .

I don't mind the form! Nothing to hide.Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 6 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sounds like just a denial to me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 16
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@ LS
Absolutely- could be a denial. Typically with a denial for a CLI- an email response is sent with a link to follow to accept the reason online. If "further information" is needed then typically this means form 4506-T.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 16
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

Amex luv button scares me, I have never touched it. Do they give auto cli? 

Message 9 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

You can read up more here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.