Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR Offer

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex MR Offer

From an email:

For a limited time, you can use your MR points with the mobile app toward virtually any card charge- 30% less points through Jan 31, 2014

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex MR Offer

Wish I had some to use Lexie!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good info 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
From an email:

For a limited time, you can use your MR points with the mobile app toward virtually any card charge- 30% less points through Jan 31, 2014

Have you done the math yet on what the reward redemption is on other purchases?  I got I thought it was a 20% offer in the online interface when I checked on the MRe points I stockpiled from my Zync.   MIght have misread.

        
Message 4 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

good info...thanks, lexie Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Rev

No, I haven't done the math. Tbh, I only use my MR for air transfer

Here's the body of the email.

Introducing a more flexible way to reward yourself this holiday season. Now you can use Membership Rewards® points2 with the Amex Mobile app toward virtually any Card charge—and for a limited time use 30% less points.

It's easy. Here's how it works:

1. GET THE APP
for iPhone® or Android™ phones. From the App, tap "Use Points for Charges."

2. PICK A CHARGE
from your recent eligible activity, like holiday gifts, dining, entertainment, and more.

3. USE POINTS
and receive a credit on your statement. Use 30% less points with
Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So is MR usually 1point for 1c for statement credit?  So then "30% less" means that a $10 charge can be paid for with 700 instead of a 1000 points?  Not sure because usually they advertise that the "better" way, "each point worth 40% more, 700 points now worth 1000!!"

Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

My offer on my Platinum card is for 40% less points, but I can't find what the normal conversion rate for statement credits is to see how this compares.  With the 40% less disount, it is coming out to 1 cent per point.  I never use points this way so I don't know if the normal rate is 5/3 points per penny.  

Assuming that is true, that means that others with a 30% offer should be seeing rates of 1.167 points per penny.  Is that what you are seeing?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.