Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR Rewards Site Down!

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Amex MR Rewards Site Down!

Apparently the MR rewards site is down and has been for some time.  I can't believe there isn't more info on this so I am starting a thread in hopes we can light a fire under Amex to get the site back up.  The only things I have heard are conflicting, one is that Amex is working out kinks, and two, that they are shutting it down completely, which would be terrible.  Is anyone else bothered by this? http://www.membershiprewards.com/catalog/search/Default.aspx?Display=detail&Ntt=Earn%20Points&OmnSea...

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex MR Rewards Site Down!

I've been waiting 2 weeks to order from Apple because I want the 5x Points! Should we start calling to complain or what?

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 2 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

I'd imagine it'll be back up soon.

I can't see AmEx abandoning it since it has to be a money maker for them.  Their reasoning for revamping the site was because cardmembers were confused on when points were actually earned.  They cited numbers of cardmembers who thought they should have earned points when just clicking the links, or making purchases with their AmEx cards without first clicking the shopping mall links.

It seems there's a portion of confused AmEx users out there.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually it's the other way around. I made numerous purchases through that mall and the majority since March never posted. Called Amex and the researched it, call me up at least a couple weeks later and the lady apologized, gave me the points + an addl 5000 MR for my trouble and... The real shocker... She then sent me a hand addressed letter with her business card attached thanking me for my business. The points not posting issue was a very common occurrence (huge thread on flyertalk) so I would imagine they took it down to re-do the whole thing.
Message 4 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually it's the other way around. I made numerous purchases through that mall and the majority since March never posted. Called Amex and the researched it, call me up at least a couple weeks later and the lady apologized, gave me the points + an addl 5000 MR for my trouble and... The real shocker... She then sent me a hand addressed letter with her business card attached thanking me for my business. The points not posting issue was a very common occurrence (huge thread on flyertalk) so I would imagine they took it down to re-do the whole thing.

This certainly could be true.

It would hardly surprise me that AmEx (or, any large corp) would try to put a positive spin on their site not working properly.

Message 5 of 23
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

Having just become an MR user myself, I was also surprised to see the lack of explanation or at least a positive spin or marketing effort when trying to access the rewards mall. I personally expected a little more based on the AMEX reputation.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 6 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I barely have enough points, even with referral bonuses, to even notice or care.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

@starboundphoenix wrote:

Having just become an MR user myself, I was also surprised to see the lack of explanation or at least a positive spin or marketing effort when trying to access the rewards mall. I personally expected a little more based on the AMEX reputation.

I've been using the MR shopping mall the past couple of years and really never had any issues.  I think may have been short-changed once a flower purchase at 10X points, but it mostly worked pretty smoothly for me.

Give it some time, I'm sure we'll see a revamped better shopping mall portal soon.

Message 8 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

No, I went with Amex so things like this wouldn't happen.  Now that I think of it, I wasn't awarded any of the multipliers on any of my purchases since signing up in March.  I'm calling on Monday to bitch. We all should.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 9 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

No, I went with Amex so things like this wouldn't happen.  Now that I think of it, I wasn't awarded any of the multipliers on any of my purchases since signing up in March.  I'm calling on Monday to bitch. We all should.

I remember they used to track and post your points earned from purchases (much like how UR does it now) to help you keep track.  Since they've gotten rid of that tracking, I wouldn't even know if I'm missing any points.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.