Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR Rewards Site Down!

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Amex MR Rewards Site Down!

I just hope they fix whatever is wrong and get it online.  Or provide better info on what is going on with it.  With it being unavailable, it makes their charge cards lose a whole lot of purpose.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 11 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

They definitely didn't multiply correctly on a few of my purchases.  They were pretty big purchases too. Amex has some splainin' to do tomorrow when I call.  If I knew they were gonna do this to the program I wouldn't have gotten the gold card.  I guess when my BCP comes in the mail tomorrow it will take over most of my gold use, but still, they need to fix it.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also been troubled and annoyed by this as it's the only way to make any real gains on points.  The customer service has no clue and I've also read a lot of contradicting information.  I hope it goes back up or I will be looking at JPmorgan Pal card instead.

Message 13 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Hopefully this thread will produce some people who get any insight.  I was on another forum site, flyer talk or something like that, and an actual Amex rep responded to their post, yet he was very vague.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 14 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

I think AmEx initially planned to just dump the program.

They've reconsidered given the amount of unexpected backlash from a very vocal minority of their cardmembers.  Initially, I think Amex felt the revenues generated by the program simply wasn't worth the trouble of maintaining the website, answering the "I've got missing points" queries, and all the rest of the effort that goes into keeping this program running smoothly.  I'd imagine most of Amex's "bread and butter" clients have never heard of the MR Mall, let alone making the effort to use it.

Amex is one of the very few issuers (Discover too) who run the program in house as opposed to outsourcing it to a firm such as Cartera.  I think they're either deciding on whether to run it on their own, or outsource it.

While the extra points matters to me, all the people around me in RL couldn't care less.  When suggesting to them the potential of extra points, they simply reply that it's too much trouble and would just rather make the purchase without the added points.

Message 15 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Just giving this a bump in case someone has gotten any info on what the deal is with the MR points going forward.  It has been shut down for "maintenance" for way too long. You would assume amex would have fixed a maintenance problem overthe course of 4 damn months.  **bleep**!  This is making my gold card not work well for me anymore.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 16 of 23
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

So I called Amex and told them I wanted to buy the new iphone 5 in 2 days and want the 5X at apple mr points. She basically told me tough edited (in the nice Amex way). This is the first time I've been disappointed with amex. Buying the iphone for $300 would give me 1500 points usually through the site. The CS rep said they are working on. Oh' Well I'm over it by just venting to you guys. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 17 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Site is still "down for maintenance", it been too long.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 18 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Does anyone know if this feature is ever coming back?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are talking about http://www.membershiprewards.com/ then it works just fine for me. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.