Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR point transfer time to krisflyer

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amex MR point transfer time to krisflyer

I'm trying to book a redemption with krisflyer points and researching it said that Amex MRs take 12-24 hours to transfer. Its been over 24 hours now Smiley Sad I'm hoping the award I need doesn't get snatched up while I wait.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Amex MR point transfer time to krisflyer

@red259 wrote:

I'm trying to book a redemption with krisflyer points and researching it said that Amex MRs take 12-24 hours to transfer. Its been over 24 hours now Smiley Sad I'm hoping the award I need doesn't get snatched up while I wait.  

Now this I know the answer to!!! I did it twice recently and they both took less than 24 hours!!

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Now this I know the answer to!!! I did it twice recently and they both took less than 24 hours!!

Hmm, sadly this isn't the case for me. As of now the award is still available but the clock is ticking. I contacted Amex and they said it can be 3 to 7 days so I wasn't thrilled with that answer. When I have done this in the past I believe its been under 24 hours. Have done it twice before. I'll just keep checking over the next few hours and hope for the best. 

By the way does anyone know a good program to move citi ty points or amex MRs or Chase URs into for intra-asia flights? Looking for a program that would allow layovers between se asia cities so that i can try to stretch out the redemptions. 

;
Message 3 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Hmm, sadly this isn't the case for me. As of now the award is still available but the clock is ticking. I contacted Amex and they said it can be 3 to 7 days so I wasn't thrilled with that answer. When I have done this in the past I believe its been under 24 hours. Have done it twice before. I'll just keep checking over the next few hours and hope for the best. 

By the way does anyone know a good program to move citi ty points or amex MRs or Chase URs into for intra-asia flights? Looking for a program that would allow layovers between se asia cities so that i can try to stretch out the redemptions. 

that second question I am not too sure about I dumped my whole TYP balance into SQ, will probably be closing premeir card when AF hits again. There is literally no reason for me to have that card anymore since i have the CSR right now. I know this doesn't help but I paid cash for interasia flights most of my flights were within thailand. Also isn't avios distance based since amex and Chase are both partners would that fit for you ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

that second question I am not too sure about I dumped my whole TYP balance into SQ, will probably be closing premeir card when AF hits again. There is literally no reason for me to have that card anymore since i have the CSR right now. I know this doesn't help but I paid cash for interasia flights most of my flights were within thailand. Also isn't avios distance based since amex and Chase are both partners would that fit for you ?

I can look into avios. Not sure if they allow layovers between connections, since that could kill the redemption value. I have a feeling that this trip is going to be a lot like China where I felt I was in airports all over the place going from one part of the country to another. 

;
Message 5 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

The miles finally came through early this morning and luckily I was able to book the award still. Took like a day and a half to get the miles credited to my account.  I'm looking at avios for short intra-asia redemptions. It will take some effort to determine the proper order to visit places since a lot of times you can't fly from point A to point B, instead you need to fly from point A to point C (even though C is the other direction) and then from C to B. 

;
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.