Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MSD Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex MSD Change

Didn't realize, until browsing the board here, that I could change the MSD on my BCE Amex back to when I had one for a couple months back in 2005. Did this via online chat and took all of 2 seconds to process. I am not even sure if he checked, or could check, to see if I was indeed correct with the year.

He said he was going to send me a new card with the update. Does this mean my BCE, opened in August of 2014 will show 2005 on it? I assume this will update this acocunt and add nine years to its life?

Does the website reflect the change at all when I logon to my account. It still shows 2014. I am super excited that I just increased my AAoA!

mod edit: typo

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex MSD Change

Online account should reflect the change.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup . Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

GIve it some time.  The online account will show the correct MSD.  If it doesn't in a couple of days, you may need to ask again.

The new card will just show your MSD 05.  The important thing is the opening date in on your CR will show 2005 the next time Amex reports.

Message 4 of 12
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Great News.......Smiley Happy

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 5 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditDunce wrote:

GIve it some time.  The online account will show the correct MSD.  If it doesn't in a couple of days, you may need to ask again.

The new card will just show your MSD 05.  The important thing is the opening date in on your CR will show 2005 the next time Amex reports.

+1.  OP should see an email shortly when the changes are effective.   Congrats on successful MSD update!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The process just seemd too easy. When the rep said he corrected it, did it have to go to an approval dept or is indeed changed already? How often does Amex report as well. I havent seen Amex at all on my report yet and its been about six weeks. 

Message 7 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

The process just seemd too easy. When the rep said he corrected it, did it have to go to an approval dept or is indeed changed already? How often does Amex report as well. I havent seen Amex at all on my report yet and its been about six weeks. 

yes, they do tend to be slow to report, may take a couple months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I know for a fact that they can and do check. My aunt received a call thanking her for her loyalty and that they corrected her date. (Even though they already corrected it in the computer for her. She just gave them the details of the card, and the phone call was a wrap.)

Message 9 of 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

The single most helpful tool in all of credit is the Amex Member Since Date.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.