Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MSD Gratitude !

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex MSD Gratitude !

Congrats, OP! That's one very fine backdate.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccb2115 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ccb2115 wrote:

Congrats!!!

Quick question for those who have had accounts backdated after the fact. All my accounts have been backdated to 2005, but I was able update that MSD to 99 after realizing I was an AU while in college. I know all cards going forward will be backdated to 99, but what about the 3 cards I've had for several years? 

If you ask, they will also backdate existing cards.

On credit reports as well? 

Yep. They report whatever date appears when you log in to your account. Might take a cycle or two after the change.

Message 12 of 14
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. They report whatever date appears when you log in to your account. Might take a cycle or two after the change.

My AAoA went from over 10 years to around 8 years over the past 12 months following 4 newly opened credit cards last year.

In the past month, I got 5 new credit cards, so I know that my AAoA will drop some more based on that.

However, I got both of my Amex MSD fixed to 1995 (was 2014), so my AAoA should stay right around 8 years.

Like OP, I wouldn't have known to do this had it not been for this forum. So thanks everyone.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But how does it matter?... your credit report would still show the new Amex card to be your latest opening date - changing to 35 years ago does not change your AAoA; or does it? OR is this just for bragging rights?

If backdating didn't impact AAoA it wouldn't be considered the benefit that many consider it to be.  Backdating's a fairly common topic here so don't overlook prior discussions as well.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.