Did you mean: 

Amex MSD-Should I just let this go?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex MSD-Should I just let this go?

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

@ Rhaney that was the typo I corrected. Don't vs. Do

Please see my message again.  You replied back before noticing my change.  Again I do understand your point, but personally wouldn't rock the boat with Amex Express when their records says something otherwise.

No problem Uppingmyscore.

Yea that's what I'm thinking as well to just leave it alone.  At least I got something, right?  Smiley Frustrated

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 11 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

You misunderstood, he said he does understand your point.

I really don't think Amex would try to hold you liable for the bankrupt account and can see how the 8 yrs of history is significant. I personally may continue to try to get the back dating corrected. Maybe keep trying different CSRs until someone helps.. It's on your CR so there is supporting evidence.

But it isn't me, so please think about it and decide what is best for you.

Wish you luck with this, please keep us posted.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 12 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Just seen the correction.
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 13 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Okay so my credit reports show a date opened 1984 on two different accounts, plus the accounts still show opened as of today.  The primary cardholder opened the account in the late 70's so it's not the primary cardholders open date.

I have called Amex 3 different times, and each CSR keeps telling me that the date they show that I had my first card was in 1992.  I then ask why does my credit report show 1984.  I am then told that is probably when the primary card holder first opened the account but they can't verify that because the account is closed and so old that they can't see it.

I am then told that the MSD of 1992 is when *I* first opened my own account.  All of the 3 CSR's told me the same thing that 1992 is when I opened my own account.

But wait.....

I have never applied for my own Amex until a week ago! Smiley Surprised

So I can't figure out WTH they are talking about.  I know for sure that I had a card in my hands well before 1992, but I'm hesitant to push it anymore because they are showing that I had my own account in 1992.  So something is really messed up in their system when it comes down to me.

And to add on to that, the primary cardholder that I was an AU on filed BK on Amex in 2009 and took them down for almost $30K.  When the primary cardholder told me that things were going downhill I asked for my account to be closed.

So should I just leave this alone and accept the 1992 date?

I just don't want to rock the boat but I'm sure that this is wrong.

Strange dating situation...well, if your CR's are accurate and you feel it is important for AmEx to correct their MSD date, then definitely follow-up. If you are worried about being connected to the BK, even though AU's are not responsible for the account's payment, then I would just accept the 1992 MSD. Just my opinion...I'm not sure what the best course of action should be...the best of luck to you.

Yes, and this is a concern for me as well.  I'm with you.  I think I'll just let this rest since 1992 is a whole lot better than 2014, which is what they originally had on my account.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 20
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny did you asked them for what reason the account from 1992 was closed? Did you have trouble getting approved with these recent approvals?  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 15 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

@Rhaeny did you asked them for what reason the account from 1992 was closed? Did you have trouble getting approved with these recent approvals?  

Oh no, I didn't dare ask because I know it's because the primary went BK in 2009.  I actually just got off the phone with the primary and was told that they opened the account in 1978 Smiley Surprised!

I had no trouble at all getting approved.  I did the 2 for 1 deal...LOL!

I app'd for the first card and was an instant, and then went back and app'd for the second one.  All went smoothly!

Message 16 of 20
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

1978 Smiley Surprised WOW that's crazy they're so off like that. I would be ticked too.  

That's awesome on the 2 for 1 deal.  Congratulations Smiley Happy

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 17 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you still have the cards, account number etc.  give them a call.  It's entirely possible that you had the card in '84 but they may not have had your SSN until '92. 

Eitherway, the primary cardholders date of '78 and their bk would have no impact on your request. 

Message 18 of 20
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

If you still have the cards, account number etc.  give them a call.  It's entirely possible that you had the card in '84 but they may not have had your SSN until '92. 

Eitherway, the primary cardholders date of '78 and their bk would have no impact on your request. 

Now that would make a lot of sense. Good call Lexie

Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 19 of 20
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Sounds like Lexie called it Smiley Happy

Rhaeny keep us posted if you get your MSD changed to the correct date.  

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.